Chapter 12

{Your POV}

Michael walked you back to the house, both of you standing side by side. Everything was peaceful, the trees overhead providing shade from the blazing sun overhead, and the cool crisp wind blowing through the trees. 

You stopped for a moment, closing your eyes and just listening to the sounds of the forest, you felt so at peace. The thought of Michael hurting you was far at the back of your mind, you trusted him, for whatever reason you did. He did some terrible things, some that would have scared you or been burned in the back of your mind for life, but for some reason, you couldn't help but feel a pull to be near him and at peace. 

You turned your head to look at him, his mask was fixed straightforward and he seemed to enjoy the silence of walking together. You smiled at him gazing at the light shining off of his mask, you almost forgot that you were staring intently at him, at least until he turned to look at you.

You blushed furiously and quickly glanced away, fixating your eyes on the ground. You didn't dare look back at him, too embarrassed to be caught staring at him; finally, his house was in view.

 You and Michael had moved all of the bodies to his body dump, he had taken the last teen over to dispose of them by himself, you stayed back inside the house to mop of some of the blood. You assumed that Michael didn't need the help carrying one last body, so you decided that the best thing to do next was clean.

The boards in the house had become so old so they didn't retain much moisture anymore, most of the blood just pooled on top, which was a score for you. That meant that it would be easier to clean up, you had looked around for something to clean it up with.

You were apprehensive at first for looking around the house, afraid you were going to find anything worse than the bodies you had seen. You shook your head, Michael was too smart to keep bodies lying around the house, and anyway you trusted Michael. You walked around the bottom floor of the house, checking in every door and room. Finally, you found one of the closets, and, lucky for you, it had an old mop and pail in it. 

You took the mop and pail and brought it to the living room placing the mop against the wall and bringing the pail into the kitchen. You placed the pail into the sink and turned the knob on the sink and hoped for water to work and fill the pail with water. At first, no water came out of the sink but after a moment the water came gushing out. You then filled up the pail and dropped it in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen. 

As you were mopping you became lost in thought, and began humming one of your favorite songs, smiling to yourself you thought of Michael and how he had looked in the sun underneath the trees.

As you were humming you didn't hear Michael coming up behind you, he stood in the doorway for a bit, just listening to your humming. He suddenly wrapped his arms around you and gave you a hug. His arms wrapped around your entire body, and he was tall enough to lean down and rest his chin on the top of your head. 

You jumped a bit at the sudden figure behind you but grinned wildly when you realized who it was.

"Michael, what are you doing?" You laughed, turning your head up slightly to look at him. 

He didn't reply, of course, and you didn't have any paper for him to write on, instead, you both stood there in comfortable silence.

You closed your eyes leaning into him, he wasn't warm like a normal human body but he also wasn't cold like you expected him to be, he just felt, neutral.

After a short while, you finally broke the silence, "Thank you." you spoke quietly.

He made no movements and you were almost afraid that he didn't hear you, but you continued anyway, "You could have killed me so many times before, and I am still unsure why you didn't or haven't but I am grateful."

You turned slightly so that now you were facing Michael, "I really like you and I really like being with you. I just want you to know tha-"

Michael had stopped you mid-sentence, placing one of his fingers on your mouth in a shush manner, you were confused, but you let him continue.

He looked down at you and slowly lifted his hand up and placed it on the bottom of his mask.

Your mind went blank, he couldn't be doing what you thought he was doing.

Michael finally lifted his mask to a little above his nose and moved his hand to your face holding it softly. 

You looked at Michael's lips and chin enamored that you could actually see his face, well at least part of it. His skin was smooth and looked soft to the touch, and his lips were thin but beautiful, you resisted the urge to bring your hand to his face and touch him. 

You continued to stare enamored at him until he leaned down and connected his lips with yours.

You were shocked at first, but as he moved his hand to hold your head softly you couldn't help but lean into the kiss, closing your eyes.

Michael finally broke the kiss, and you breathed deeply, exasperated at what had just happened. 

You looked up at Michael with your mouth wide open, almost in shock. You saw him smile wildly at you before pulling his mask back down and over his face.  

His smile sent butterflies in your stomach, it was so kind and loving, you wished with all of your might that you could have seen his eyes, how happy they must have been. 

You stood there dumbfounded as Michael stroked your face lightly and lovingly and took the mop from your hand. You swore you could have heard a small laugh as he finished cleaning up the blood on the floorboards. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I'm back! and to 7.6k reads!!! WOW thank you guys so much for all this and man I did not think this would get as big as it is xD but I suppose I will continue to update now that I have the time! 

I hope you all continue to enjoy!