Chapter Seventeen - Bolten's P.O.V

Start from the beginning

"Damn, you really got her pissed off huh?!" Marcus cried out while laughing really hard. 

I grew annoyed quickly. "Just untie me already!" I barked at him. 

"Ok, ok, calm down." Marcus said, walking behind the tree still chuckling to himself. 

"What did you do anyway?" He asked, jerking the ropes back and forth. 

"Lets just say that she doesn't respond to romance very well. I tried to explain to her that she is my mate, so she couldn't ever leave from me, and she got mad for some reason." I was saying, as if it was the craziest thing I've ever heard. 

"Dude, you messed up." Marcus said, and I could just picture him raising his eye brows and shaking his head. 

"By telling her the truth?" I asked, tilting my head up to look at the sky. I wonder where Vivian might be right now. 

"Yes dude, by telling her the truth. Your supposed to woo her, and then slowly break it out to her in little pieces, preferably when... Well you know..." Marcus said chuckling, referring to sex. 

"Easier said then done." I said bitterly. No matter what I did, Vivian always somehow managed to resist me. 

But I guess thats what I liked best about her. She's not some whore that only cares about looks, like all the other female werewolves in my pack. And ever since they knew I was going to be the Alpha, they all started clinging to me as if for dear life. 

I took a few to bed of course, but I never talked to them after. Except for my girlfriend Cassandra. I guess I still needed to tell her to get lost since I've found my mate. 

She has been very clingy lately, thats why I left for town with the guys. 

And thats when I met Vivian... 

My wolf almost howled out in loneliness, and a feeling of being abandoned.

Suddenly the ropes feel, and I shot up, and rubbed all my muscles. 

"Marcus, we also need to go look for her." I said, rubbing my neck. 

"Dude, she even ran away..? You got some serious issues when it comes to love." Marcus laughed, shifting into a wolf. 

I shifted along with him, and bumped into him roughly. Marcus took some clothes, and put it in his mouth. 

We both slightly picked up her scent. We followed it along to a road. 

We trotted down the road, seeing there were no cars. 

"So... What made her mad enough to actually leave?" Marcus suddenly asked, breaking the silence. 

"Well you know the mate link we have even when we're asleep? I might have tried that out and pushed it too far..." I sheepishly replied. 

Marcus just shook his head, and didn't ask anymore questions, and to my surprise didn't even make any smart ass remarks. 

So we followed the road in silence, until we reached a diner called Marv's. 

We quickly shifted back, and Marcus dropped the clothes, and I quickly changed into some jeans and a plain blue t-shirt. 

After we finished changing, we walked inside, and we spotted a cheerful lady walking around and smiling at everyone. 

She has dark grey hair, and baby blue eyes. We spotted her name tag, and it read Mag. 

"Excuse me ma'am, we want to ask you a few questions if that's alright with you." I said, walking up to her. 

"No problem! Now what can I do for ya?" She said in a thick southern accent. 

"Well we were just wondering if a girl, about 18, came in here? She has curly brown hair and baby blue eyes..." I said, scanning over the room slowly. 

"Yeah, I seem to recall a young lady fittin' that description. She came in here all soakin' wet, poor thing. I gave her a free table, and gave her some food and water. And there were two young men looking at her intensely. They were even kind enough to pay for her. She ran out of here, and then shortly afterwards, the two young men ran out the door too... Cant figure out what for." She said, putting her hand on her hip, and tucking some of her hair behind her ear. 

My eyes widened, and I look at Marcus, who had the same expression on his face. 

"What did they look like?" I asked in a hurry. 

"Well one had blond hair and blue eyes, while the other had brown hair and green eyes. Looked about 20." She replied, looking at me and then Marcus. "About your age." 

"Thank you, but may I ask why you gave her free food?" I asked, curiosity taking over. 

"Well, I dont get into Heaven by just standing around and being picky about money. I would say I had enough, seeing that me and my husband own this place." She smiled at us warmly. 

"Thank you, we're grateful." Marcus said, and then we both took off. 

"Do you think that could be Max and Jeff?" Marcus asked, looking over at me concerned. 

"Well there's only one way to find out." I said, turning around and heading for the woods. "We're going back to the pack."