Post Battle Joy Ch. 10.1

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" the new Kuni asked as the Anolis warriors murmured in surprise, but the Gilas nodded their approval.

"I can't remember the term for it.  I'm setting them free.  I can do that, right? Without some other female claiming them?"

I remember the term very well. I want the new Kuni to say it.

"Yes, but the emancipation is uncommon," the new Kuni said.

Alex shrugged and said with calculated indifference, "Oh, that's the word. I'm emancipating all of them, whole palace harem as well as Rile, Cale, and Gabe. I've already proclaimed I will kill anyone who enslaves one of my emancipated males, whether he's willing or not.  My kind finds it more fun to choose each other for mates rather than winning one by force."

"Curious.  No wonder your kind never came to power."

"We did, just not here. With your leave, majesty," Alex said as she bowed.

As she walked out of the palace, Alex found her friends on her heels.

"Nice speech.  Capt. Kirk, right? The Gamesters of Triskelion?" Cale asked.

"I think that was the episode. Kirk got on his soapbox so many times, I get them mixed up.  Do you think if this world came up with Star Trek, it would havemade a difference?" She put her arm around Cale's waist and winked at him.

"Told you watching all those old episodes would come in handy." Cale smiled his calm smile at her.

"I got you hooked on Star Trek, remember?" Alex smiled back, relaxing both internally and externally at Cale's touch and expression.

"How did you know they had no intention of changing the system? Why didn't you tell Zilik? Or me?" Rile came up on Alex's other side and nudged her to put her arm around him, which she did.

"I didn't know at first, plus I needed Zilik's help. And yours. But the more I talked with the revolutionaries, the more I began to suspect.  What tipped me off was when I told them that I wanted all of you and the harem as a reward. They didn't say. 'They'll be free to do as they like'.  Oh no, they said, 'No problem'. Capiche?" Alex asked.

"All too well and I'm angry as to how this turned out.  I say we overthrow that new Kuni." Rile withdrew his Guardian sword a bit

Gabe, Cale, and Alex groaned.

"Please, Rile, one revolution a week." Alex pushed on his hand so his sword slid back in its sheath.

"They gave us up so easily." Cale sounded hurt.

Alex looked at him in surprise and squeezed him slightly. "You call that easy? I had to overthrow an entire government to get you back. If it makes you feel better, the females also told me that if I took you all, I would spend the rest of my life fighting challenges to keep you.  That's why I released you.  It's not that I wouldn't like having three personal slaves." She winked at them. "I'm too tired to fight all the time. Let's go around back. I want to make sure everyone in the harem made it out."

To her annoyance, several warriors of the new Kuni followed them. Alex glared at them over her shoulder and tapped the hilt of her Guardian sword. They ignored her.

By back entrance, the males in the palace harem crowded around her, talking, asking questions, and her smug demeanor melted.

"You're all free but this was a wash for your country. This new Kuni is the same as the old one," Alex said.

"Look, Alex," several voices urged at once and the males parted to show a slowly moving figure.

"Trac! You're alive!" Alex rushed to him. His arm was in an enormous sling that covered his chest. "I thought you were dead."