Ch.14 An akuma

Fan art artist: cuj

Marinette was sitting on her chair staring at her pictures of Adrien. Her heart still jumped for joy when she saw him but now there was also a strong sense of guilt. Her whole heart didn't belong to Adrien anymore, a small part belonged to Cat Noir. And as small as that part was she couldn't ignore it any longer, and It killed her to know it was there. She didn't know when it had happened it just had. She looked back up at the Adrien posters. He was so kind, brave and just... perfect. So what had happened to make her like Cat Noir?

Marinette sighed and went to go lay on her bed.

"Marinette are you okay?" Tikki asked.

"I don't get it tikki. Adrien is so perfect so why do i have feelings for Cat Noir?" She said.

"Oh Marinette, it's okay to have a crush on two people. It's perfectly normal." Tikki said, trying to be encouraging.

"But then that leaves the question, who do I choose? I could go on to confess to Adrien, but there's a chance he will reject me, or I could choose Cat Noir, who I know has feelings for me but I wouldn't know anything about him or his identity." Marinette said.

"Marinette take a deep breath, you have all the time in the world to figure this out, not just an afternoon," tikki said.

"Your right, I just don't know what to do,"Marinette replied.

The next day at school, Alya was chatting excitingly about a picture she had captured for the ladyblog.

"Girl, you won't believe what I caught in camera. Cat Noir and ladybug rescued a boy from the river, but then cat noir got trapped in the current, so when ladybug pulled him out she had to do CPR and mouth to mouth. So, I caught a picture of them doing mouth to mouth!" 

Alya showed her the image on her phone and Marinette looked at it. Marinette remembered it well, the mouth to mouth and the CPR but in the picture, it looked like they were just straight up kissing. The magic of photography.

"People are going crazy. Some people say ladybug and cat noir know each other's civilian identités, others say they are dating exclusively in the mask and don't know each other's identités, and their are plenty of other theories." Alya said.

"Wow, that's amazing Alya!" Marinette said,

"Thanks. I'm getting more and more viewers everyday," Alya Said.

Alya continued to talk, but Marinette couldn't really listen. When they made it to class and the lesson had started, she wasn't listening either. The words were just mumbling together. Marinette was more focused on what she was going to do.

Two boys, two crushes, two identities.

But only one of her.

There were so many scenarios that could play out, from Adrien rejecting her to Cat noir rejecting her civilian form to Adrien accepting her feelings and Marinette eventually revealing she was Ladybug. Marinette sighed. This was one of the few times she wished she didn't have an alter ego to deal with. She sighed and spent the rest of class trying to listen to what Ms Bustier was saying.

Meanwhile, tikki was hoping that Plagg would come into the purse so that they could talk. She was waiting patiently for him to come, there was so much for her to tell him. Sure enough, Plagg popped in.

"Hi tikki!" Plagg Said as he flew in.

"Hello Plagg!"

"Plagg! I've got good news!" Tikki said.

"So do I," Plagg Said.

"Oh, who should go first" tikki asked.

"You should go first" Plagg Said.