Chapter 38

Zayden 

William was standing at the locked door, trying to open the door with the force of his shoulder. After a couple more times, the door snapped open and I hurried in immediately, despite my head still spinning slightly. 

I counted ten humans in the room. The condition they were in was terrible. Their wrists were tied with chains then held above their heads. Mia was among the group of humans that were victimized. 

The four of us-- Alexia, William, Hazel, and I-- rushed to their aid immediately. I got to Mia and her eyes were closed. She was physically shaking. 

"Mia?" I asked softly then reached a hand up to cradle her bruised cheek. "Mia." I stated with a more concerned tone. She mumbled something under her breath then cracked her frightened brown eyes open to stare at me. 

Her chest was heaving and her heart was beating at an abnormal rhythm. 

"I got you. I got you. You're going to be okay." I stated in a quick manner as I was yanking the chains down, making them loose enough for her wrists to slip through. She had raw wounds on both wrists and was bruised all over the place. She crumbled to floor but I caught her in time. All of her weight was supported by me. 

I kneeled on the floor then held her tightly in my arms while rocking the two of us together. Her eyes were closed and she was calming down slowly. She was exhausted judging by her heartbeat and how she was breathing. 

"Mia? I'm going to bring you to my house, okay? I have to make sure that you are alright." I exclaimed after remembering that she could not go home since she was taken from that place. Her house was still in a messy state and she could not return there just yet. Glancing down at her finally-at-peace facial expression, I saw her nod then open her eyes to stare up at my gray ones. 

"Thank you, Zayden." She whispered under her breath. I wrapped my arm tightly around her then kissed her forehead. 

"I'm sorry I didn't get to you earlier, Mia." I was stressing over the fact that she was hurt and there was nothing I could've done to prevent that from happening. "You're safe now, you're safe now." I repeatedly whispered into her ear, until she fell asleep. 

After she fell soundly into a deep slumber, I turned my head to look at Uncle Aidan who was walking through the door with a large dark purple bruise that had apparently shown on his neck. 

"Everybody's alright. We're going to be slowly taking them back to their houses. I'm sure their family members might be wondering where they are at the moment." Alexia exclaimed. Aidan nodded then watched Hazel, Alexia, and William bring one human at a time down the hallway then up the stairs. 

"How is she?" Aidan asked. I blew out a deep breath then nodded with a small smile. 

"She's going to be okay." I stated with a tone of relief. He smiled back in response then helped another human up to his feet. 

They were bringing the humans out to the two cars. After packing all the unconscious human bodies into the cars, Alexia concentrated then tracked down the trails of their scents all the way back to their homes. 

I held Mia tightly in my grasp then stood up. Her head rested limply atop my shoulder and she was cuddling up closer to my body warmth. Her hand was rested over my beating heart subconsciously, and wherever her hand rested, it sent electrical shocks down my spine. The magic was still there. 

Smiling contently to myself, I placed another small kiss on her forehead then walked down the hallway so I could go up the stairs. 

While brushing past the overgrowing crowd in the nightclub, I felt eyes staring me down. I looked over to the group of eyes and saw that it was the third time in the night that I have encountered the same ladies, who kept dragged me to the middle of the dance floor. 

I shrugged to them with both eyebrows raised. Their mouths were wide open and their gazes flickered between me and Mia. The expressions on their faces was absolutely priceless and I found myself chuckling lightly to their reaction. 

The line was still there and the place was filled of humans, yet nobody suspected a thing when they saw me carrying Mia out. It was as if they've seen this way too often to even question what happened. I guess they must've understood that it was a lady who passed out in the nightclub and I was just offering to take her home from the hard partying. 

After walking to the curb of street, I saw Alexia and Aidan pulling both cars up. Since William and Hazel were in Alexia's car, I hopped into the car the BMW that Aidan was driving and settled Mia in the backseat in a comfortable position before climbing into the backseat with her. 

I rested her head on top of my legs. We were in the home stretch. We were almost to safety. 

I ran my hand through her soft hair and untangled all the knots. I then reached out to hold onto her wrists gently. There were raw wounds and there was bruising all around them. 

"It's okay," I mumbled under my breath, "You're going to be okay." I whispered then brushed the loose tendrils of her hair away from her face. 

Glancing back up, I saw that Aidan was looking at me through the rearview mirror with a small smile. He seemed genuinely content that I have found my mate. 

We reached the castle not too long after and after the guards opened the gates, we were greeted with four parents who stood with their arms crossed at the main entrance. I sighed then ran a hand down my face. It had been a long and exhausting night. We were all tired and listening to the parents go on and on about how we messed up again was just going to drain us even more. 

William got out of the car and bowed down the the four parents. They acknowledged his presence with a simple nod. 

"William, we're family now. You don't have to bow every time you see us." Mother exclaimed lightly. Perhaps they weren't as upset as I thought they'd be?

Uncle Aidan stepped out of the car first then shut the door behind him. He raised his hands in defense as he was explaining to his older brother, but there was no exchange going on between them. Alexia and Hazel then stepped out of the car, looking completely unharmed, so I took that cue to get out of the car then hold Mia in my arms as I approached the parents. 

Father's eyes widened at the sight but then let out a light chuckle as he opened his mouth to speak. 

"Like father, like son. I remember when I brought your mother home in that same exact state. I guess it runs in the Sinclair blood."