Chapter 35

Aidan

The parking lot of the nightclub was packed and there was hardly a parking space until Zayden found one in the back corner. It only seemed like the crowd was growing and growing and it wouldn't stop. 

I sheathed my sword back into its hold on my belt around my waist. Zayden looked ready to go and though we both hesitated to exit the vehicle with the weapons strapped around our waists, it seemed very unlikely that anybody would notice since they were basically all intoxicated. 

We both sneaked past the human guard without complication then came face-to-face with a swarm of humans, packed like sardines in a can. 

"Yeah... I can see how challenging it must've been to try and find Mia in here." I mumbled to Zayden. He nodded with his eyes wide. 

"Oh you're back!" A squeal sounded. I turned to the source of the high-pitched voice. A clearly intoxicated woman approached Zayden then wrapped her arms around his neck. He looked down at her so uncomfortably that it was almost difficult to describe. 

He was acting like a married man in the spotlight of all the young attractive ladies. He froze on the spot and didn't even lay a hand atop the drunk woman. 

I opened my mouth to suggest something to get Zayden out of the uncomfortable situation that he was in, but she dragged him away before I could say anything. I followed him, with my eyes, all the way to the center of the dancefloor where more women were waiting for him. I guess they remembered him from his visit not too long ago. 

He was looking at me with wide, begging eyes above everyone's head. I just raised my eyebrows then shrugged, while sending a signal, telling him that I'd scope out the area in search for any rogues or even Mia. 

Brushing past all the patrons in the nightclub, there was nothing suspicious or out-of-sight. It felt strange to be so close to rogues yet so far. They were clearly covering their tracks up well. 

I walked past the VIP room since no noise could be heard from behind the door then approached the back hallway where a line for the bathroom was evident. 

Turning on my heels, away from the line of ladies waiting for the bathroom, I took a step forward towards the crowd of humans dancing on top of each other. 

Zayden was trying so much to separate himself from the hands that kept touching him. They were so preoccupied with his body and face that they didn't even notice the obvious sword that was resting on his waistline. 

I rested a hand on top of the hilt of my sword. At the same moment, a hand rested on my shoulder gently. I turned around swiftly with my face completely stern and serious. Who was even touching me? 

It was the last lady who was standing in the bathroom line. She wore a small, tight black dress made of leather. It hugged her body in a tight fit and emphasized her hourglass body figure. Her chest was pushed up and almost spilling out of the small black dress. 

"Where do you think you're going, darling?" Her words laced with the alcohol that flowed from her breath. It was like a cloud of strong liquor. 

I raised both eyebrows and shook my head slowly with my hands raised at my sides. I let out a nervous chuckle. 

"You must be mistaking me for someone else. I have to go." I started to slip from under her grip when she reached her hand outwards and dug her acrylic nails into my arm. 

"There's no way I'm ever letting you out of my sight." The human exclaimed. I swallowed past the lump that grew in my throat. I didn't even know her and there was no way that I would let this drunk lady do anything she would regret. 

I wrapped my hands around both her wrists then set them by her side in attempt to let her not make any mistake. 

"Please, I respect you, but I have to go." I twisted my body to the side so I could leave, but since she had me pinned against the wall, she threw her leg up against the brick wall, in a way that her knee was blocking my way. 

"No you don't." She threw both her hands up to the sides of my head and physically had me trapped. "Don't try anything. I'm a fitness trainer and can easily take you down to the ground. So don't even think about leaving." She smirked when I just remained staring at her. I could see where her killer body was coming from, but I did not have time for this, nor did I want to take advantage of her with her current state. 

I was staring at her face and blonde hair. She was inching closer to my face and standing on her tippy toes. She was getting so close that I was basically enveloped inside her liquor aura. 

Her eyes were closed and she leaned her body against mine. I was resisting the urge to kiss her, but since she came onto me first by making contact on my lips with her's, I couldn't stop myself. 

My hands wrapped around the back of her neck and I leaned my body so close to her's that nothing could slip between the two of us. She was enjoying every moment. She pushed me up against the wall again with my back pressed flat along the surface. 

Our lips danced together to the beat of the music. I almost forgot how enlightening it felt to kiss a woman since the last time I kissed someone, it was too long ago to even remember. 

Her fingers laced with my hair and with her every touch, it sent chills down my spine. Her delicate touch trailed all the way down to the button of my pants. She was so close. I broke away from her with both my hands cupping her cheeks. 

Her face was red and she was clearly hot for more. I shook my head, out-of-breath, then backed away from her. I kissed the knuckles on her right hand then bowed my head. 

"It was lovely meeting you, miss. I'm sorry we couldn't have more." Our hands lingered within each other until I stepped away and our fingers lingered, tangled, with each other until I let go. 

Her heart was beating louder than the music coming through the speakers. My eyes landed right on Zayden and he was glaring at me. He was making his way through the dancing crowd. He had finally broke away from the group of ladies. 

"I see what you've been doing..." He began speaking but I just shook my head. 

"I'm not proud of it, so let's not talk about this to anybody." I patted him on the shoulder then nodded towards the VIP door. He bit down on his lip then nodded. 

"I mean, look at you, Mr. Popular. It certainly is a shame that you already have a mate." I snickered at his recent situation. He shook his head. 

"Like you said, let's not talk about this to anybody." He exclaimed then reached for the doorknob on the VIP door. We snuck in without anybody seeing us. 

All was pitch black but we had no issue with seeing where everything was. The place seemed spotless. I followed Zayden to the entrance of the stairs that led to the basement. ]

"So that's where she could be." I whispered. He nodded in response. We could not risk any rogue werewolf hearing us or else our rescue plan would've been for no use. 

My nephew's heartbeat was racing faster by the minute and his blood was rushing through his veins rapidly. I heard everything so clearly, despite the deafening music just on the other side of the wall. 

"She's down there. I can feel it." He stated in a hushed whisper. 

We traveled one step at a time, with me leading. My sword was unsheathed and held firmly in my grasp. The hallway was clear when we made it down. There was a line of light doing down the entire hallway with seven doors running down the hall. 

Zayden and I both detected more than one heartbeat so we split up and took one door at a time to cover more ground faster. I scoped out a room, alone, to find it completely empty except for a few boxes lying on the cold cement floor. 

Conquering all the six doors, it left one remaining door and that was at the very back of the hallway. 

Both Zayden and I held our breaths and listened intently for the heartbeats in there. We discovered over a dozen distinct heartbeats and scents. Though, some hearts were beating weaker than others.