Chapter 21

Zayden 

The rogue werewolf was left in the alleyway and free from my mind. My only concern was Mia. She consumed my thoughts and mind. 

When I approached the car, she was not there. There was no trace left from her. I panicked a bit, fearing that another rogue werewolf had intercepted her and taken her away. So I hopped into the Aston Martin then sped off. I searched up and down the vacant streets but there was nobody, excluding a couple pedestrians. 

The bright lights reflected off the car's windshield. A hand was placed on top of the steering wheel and my facial expression was stone cold. I would not return back home until I know that Mia is safe. 

I turned the corner and saw Mia walking down a small street by herself. I had been searching for about twenty minutes until I found her. I let out a sigh of relief and pulled the car up to her slowly with the window rolled down. 

"Get in, I can take you home, Mia." I stated. She let out a shiver with her arms crossed across her chest. 

"Go away. I don't even know you, you freak." She snapped the words out at me in a harsh tone. When she called me a 'freak', the word hurt like a punch to the face, but I shook the pain from my body. 

"It's late and it's getting cold. At least let me take you home." I exclaimed once more, but she only shook her head at that. Then she began walking down the street again. I followed her slowly with the car. 

"Why are you following me? I can call the police. I can scream for help. Someone will come and stop you." Both her eyebrows were raised and she threw her hands up in the air in frustration. I let out a long sigh and shook my head slowly. 

"Fine," I stated in frustration then put the car into park and stepped out the car, "if I don't get to drive you home, then I will walk you home. I saved your ass back there with your ex-boyfriend. If it weren't for me being there, then you would've run into much worse trouble with him touching you that way. And you know that." My eyebrows were furrowed together and I was frowning. 

Her facial expressions lightened and she let out a deep breath. She knew that I had a point and nodded slowly with her eyes closed. She turned back to the direction that she was headed and allowed me to walk alongside her.

"Zayden, right?" She asked, breaking the silence between us. I was glancing at the ground and nodded. Our feet were walking in-sync with one another. She seemed to notice that as well since I saw a small smile on her face in my peripheral vision. 

"I just wanted to apologize to you, since I called you a freak. I shouldn't call anybody that if they're only trying to help. That was impolite of me." She stated then stuck her hand out for a mutual handshake. I paused in my walking then stared down at her hand. 

Last time we had close contact was when I offered her a hand after beating her ex in the woods, then before that was in her café after introducing myself. We haven't had any contact and now here she was, just offering her hand. 

I gave her a smile and took her hand into my larger one. As soon as I made contact, there was a feeling of numbness and my fingers felt tingly. My eyes then switched to glancing at her breathtaking face and there was a deep pink blush that had broke through the surface of her cheeks. 

She stammered and pulled her hand back slowly then shoved it back into her pocket. 

"Thank you for accepting my apology." She said in a hushed voice. Her voice was delicate. I let out a small chuckle. 

"Anytime." I stated then we proceeded to walk down this road. 

We came to a stop in front of a brownstone that was located just down that same road. She turned to face me and there was still a small blush. Mia then pointed a thumb over her shoulder and asked me, "would you like to come inside for some tea?"