Beast of the Forest

[...]

Trapped within a world of darkness and blocked off from the events of the outside world Ye Gui Feng moves about aimlessly without any sense of direction for where he might be headed.

The atmosphere of this darkness can only be described as eerie and cold.

Without knowing what might appear out of nowhere Ye Gui Feng can't help but feel jumpy as he recalls the events that had occurred at the depths of the Starry Seas during his first visit.

[...]

For some reason the thought of being lost inside of a vast forest crosses Ye Gui Feng's mind under the circumstances.

[...]

Sniffing the air Ye Gui Feng can vaguely pick up the scent of vegetation and this is most likely the main cause behind that thought's appearance in his head.

This scent didn't seem to be false as it is very much identical to the real thing.

Proceeding with caution Ye Gui Feng keeps his spirit senses spread outwards. This probably doesn't help much but it was something that he did to maintain a peace of mind.

Most of the minor wounds on Ye Gui Feng's body have already healed while the major ones will take a bit more time to mend.

...............

Time passes as Ye Gui Feng continue to move forward.

There is no way for Ye Gui Feng to know how much time has passed while he remains within this world of darkness and this causes his heart to be filled with concern as he speeds along.

But regardless of wherever he goes inside of this world there is only darkness before Ye Gui Feng and this only serves to increase the anxiety in his heart.

[...]

Eventually Ye Gui Feng pauses in his movements as he closes his eyes while raising his right hand to point off into the distance.

As the power of wills and intents gather at the tip of Ye Gui Feng's index finger he is just about to use Dao Manifestation of a Will to try and open a gate that will lead him out of here but-

[...]

Snapping his eyes open Ye Gui Feng frowns.

[...]

Although Ye Gui Feng cannot see the enemies that are near him he can easily sense their hostile intents.

The source of this hostility is difficult to pinpoint for it seems to be coming from every possible direction but regardless of where Ye Gui Feng looks he cannot seem to find the invisible enemies that are nearby.

To make the matter even more bewildering is the fact that Ye Gui Feng can evidently sense the presence of numerous lifeforms surrounding him.

But the existence of these lifeforms can only be described with the word "illusive."

At one point these lifeforms seem to exist but in the next instance they seem as if they are but a figment of Ye Gui Feng's imagination.

[.........]

Despite wanting to open a gate that can lead him out of this world Ye Gui Feng has a feeling that if he did that right here and now he would most likely enrage the invisible lifeforms that are nearby.

Whether this is just a false sense of alarm that is caused by his wariness towards the situation that he is in is unknown to Ye Gui Feng. But with his current realm of cultivation instincts can often times be correct.