14. Never leaving you alone.

Nandini's POV

Manik, he wants me. He wants me to be his girlfriend.

Is this even real Aiyappa!?

It all feels so surreal. It's getting difficult to believe that he really asked me that.

"Nandini!" I snap my head towards his face, "Where are you lost?"

How should I tell you Manik?

All this is so overwhelming.

"Are you going to answer me?"

"Huh? Answer what?" The blown out expression he gives me after makes me want to laugh my guts out, but I still control and smile sheepishly.

"Nandini.. you.. I.. why? I mean.. I just-" A giggle escapes my lips looking at his dumbfounded face looking on the floor.

He's feeling nervous. Oh God! Please let me leave sane from here by the end of this.

But I guess it's just too late for that now, because what I did was unexpected to me too.

I leaned forward going really close to his lips, thank you heels.

"Yes." And then, I pecked him on his lips.

When I pull back, his eyes are giving competition to oranges.

After some seconds, I lift my hand and touching his arm shake him lightly, "Manik."

"Nandini." He opens and closes his mouth again and again trying to say something, but nothing comes out.

"Manik, are you okay?"

Instead of giving an answer he responds me with a question, "Where's Star?"

I lift my eyebrows, and he still keeps that questioning face.

I shake my head with a look of 'What do you mean?' to which he crosses his arms and gives me a stern look.

"What?"

"Where is-" I cut him off instantly, "I heard that! But what do you mean by that?"

"Listen, just tell me the truth okay."

"What truth?"

"That you're Nandini Murthy's humshakal."

Where did I hear these words before?

"Manik, kya bol rahe ho?"

"Aur nahi toh kya, such bold moves, and that too meri Star ke," He looks aside making a thoughtful face but again looks back at me, "Mushkil hai."

Oh, so this is his plan.

I take a step forward again going close to his lips, but this time my eyes only focus on his ones, "I don't need to prove that I'm your Star. And your Star can never leave you alone."

His lips stretch slowly upwards and I mirror his expression along with taking a step back.

"Ms. Murthy, what are your plans?" I just shrug and shake my head, to which he pulls me closer by holding my arms.

I gasp at his sudden gesture and lock my eyes with him.

Everything seems to disappear, and the only thing I hear is my heartbeat going wild because of his hands coming up to my neck.

When his hands finally reach around my neck, I know there's no going back, so I lean forward just when he does and we close the gap between our shivering lips.

The only word I can use to explain this moment is, Heaven.

His lips are so cold, yet when they mould with mine they make me feel so hot.