2. Happiness

Manik's POV

'Sing! Seriously!? She wants me to me sing!? She's asking me, Manik Malhotra, to sing!? If there was any other person in her place I would've left by now. But I don't know why, I don't wanna leave her. I wanna stay, until late night. I wanna sing, for her.'

'But no, I can't! I won't let my guards down. I have to be hard to her.'

"No, I won't!" Manik replies with a stern voice.

His voice startles Nandini, but she composes herself thinking that he's trying to hide the fact of being her Super Star's hamshakal "Then you're not Manik! And I'm right!" She says with a proud smile.

Manik takes two steps closer towards her, even he doesn't know what is pulling him towards her "Listen, you're no one to ask me to sing. No one! So stay away from me. And, get lost!" It hurt Manik thousand times to say those words, he felt so angry with himself for saying those words to her.

His words hurt Nandini the way no one's until now. Lots of people had asked her that, but his words just pierced her heart.
She looks into his eyes and moves from there without saying any word.

Manik keeps looking at her back until she disappears in the fog of the cold night.

*************************
Nandini's POV

'You're so stupid Nandini. How could you even think that he'll sing just because you're asking. But it's not my fault, how can he look like my Super Star.
My Super Star is the best. He's only one in the whole planet, absolutely no one can be like him.'

'I smile at my own words, I'm so crazy for him. I wish some day I can meet him.'

She keeps walking with her headphones plugged in her ears playing her Super Star's songs. It's not that late at night, but the road she's walking on is silent and very less people come over there.

Suddenly she sees a pregnant woman carrying two bags in both her hands, she frowns and looks around to see if there's someone with her, but no one's there.

She moves towards the woman "Mam, please let me help you with them." She says with a smile. The woman smiles and replies "Arey nahi, ghar yahi paas me hai."

"Still mam, I'll love to help you." Nandini insists. "Ok!" Replies the woman and hands her bags to Nandini. She takes them happily and let the woman guide her.

All the way she and the woman keep talking about something or the other and finally Nandini drops the woman to her house and leaves from there.

While going back she sees a park and decides to sit there for a while.

She sits on a bench and again plugs her headphones. 'Hua hai aaj pehli baar' is playing in it.

She closes her eyes and recalls all the events of the day. From getting up, to being rejected for jobs, to meet a stranger. 'Stranger' word makes her mood off.

Nandini's POV

'Nandini why are you getting your mood off because of that one guy. He's just a stranger, and you don't give a s**t to them, remember. But his words, they pierced my heart, I felt so broken when he said to go away.
I so wanted to break his bones for talking to me that way, but something very strong stopped me from doing so.
But wait.. why am I even thinking about him!? He's no one for me! I should concentrate on my Super Star.'

With that she lays her head on the back of the bench and concentrates on Manik's voice.

But she's uaware that she's not alone, but someone has been with her since she left.