9. Chocolate and Sugar

Nandini's house

"This is seriously too much Nandu. So many things happened and you didn't even tell me. Why!?" Mukti's anger is raising, and I can sense an explosion coming.

I try to make my best puppy face, keyword 'try', cause she glares at me for doing that.

I clear my throat, "I'm sorry!" She turns her face to the side crossing her arms.

"I know I should've told you, but lots of things happened too soon, and I just couldn't think anything straight." All those things just happened too soon, and my mind has been blocked since then.

"I know that Nandini! And maybe I understand too." She takes a pause and looks at me with teary eyes, "But you have no idea how it feels to come home, and see your best friend crying like hell sitting on the floor. When I called you a week ago you said you were fine, and that's why I decided to stay. Why didn't you tell me the truth!? You needed me, and I wasn't there and I feel so ashamed of myself for not being able to recognise it from your broken voice."

My eyes fill with tears again, "I'm sorry." My voice comes out in whispers.

When she called me, it was difficult for me to hide my sobbing. She got suspicious, but I told her that it's just cold and I'll be fine. I don't want her to give up something she loves for me.

It's been one entire week since Manik is in that hospital.

Doctors said there are very less percent chances for him to survive, but he's breathing slowly, and that makes his surviving chances a little bit more.

Everyday all go and visit him, even some of his friends from the industry visit him along with his family members.

Everyone that comes says, he'll be fine. But it sounds more like a fake assuring now, because Manik has decided to just rest on that bed and not respond to any medication.

His fans are going crazy. Once they tried to break into the hospital to see him, situation got really out of control, but somehow the guards managed.

I feel two arms being wrapped around me and I realise it's Mukti.

I hug her back and digging my face into her neck start sobbing loudly.

God knows how much time passed like that, with me sobbing and she patting my head.

I break apart and wipe the tear stains with the back of my hand.

"Shona, you want your Manik fine na? Then let's make him fine. Let's make him see that he can't just rest on that bed always." Her voice sounds determined and she gives me her naughty smile.

"What are you planning to do?" She planning something alerts me always.

"Just wait and watch until tomorrow." She yawns and stretches her arms, "For now I'm going to sleep, I feel so tired. Good night."

She gives me a kiss on the cheek wishing good night and goes into her room.

Aiyappa, now what is she planning to do!? I just hope she doesn't do something crazy.

But who am I kidding. She can't live without doing something crazy.

***********************
Next day

"There's no improvement happening Mrs.Malhotra. He's aware of all the things happening around, but something is holding him back, and that's why his body isn't responding to any medicine. There are only few things we can do now. I hope those work." Doctor leaves telling that to aunty who falls back on the chair.