Chapter 1

The Defective Wolf not so Defective

Most packs wake to training or to go to school. Not Eva's pack. All her life she had it pretty easy. Age one; she had all types of developmental toys. She had all the best things safety, educationally, and emotionally. Age two; she was everywhere. She'd fall on her face and would attempt climbing everything she saw. The gamma once found her holding onto the bed frame. When he asked him how she got up there, she said:: "I cwimb!" Age three; she joined the small preschool in the pack and was smarter than most four-year-olds. She was ready to do whatever she felt like.

Age four; she was definitely isolated by kids her age in the pack. She couldn't transform, which they saw as weakness. That only left her more determined. Age five; kindergarten teachers were jealous of Ms. Applebee for having such a smart kid in her class. She knew how to read, she knew how to form sentences, she was an active child, and she was good at math. Age six; still she was the star student and was put in a math program. This was the first time she met her pack's allies, a vampire coven. None of their kids were present.

Age seven to ten; she tried being more 'social' but it tended to fail. She noticed she gain few friends and they too were defective werewolves. Might as well be called human. Age 11; she started participating in school-related activities. She joined yearbook, book club, and she got on the debate team. Her life really changed.

Age 12; she became more active as well. Her mother signed her up for martial arts. She would come home practicing her martial arts, writing in her diary, reading her books, doing homework, and coming up with ideas for yearbook.

Age 13; for the first time since she was six she saw vampires. They were being attacked by pack wolves. They sent four squads to help them and the vampire children and teenagers were sent over to the pack house. The children were forced to have garlic in their food, orders by the coven head. The teenagers were able to have blood pills so they were just fine. Eva watched. She found them incredible.

Age 14; she still enjoyed yearbook, debate team, book club, and taking martial arts. Sadly she stopped taking martial arts because when she was going to get a black belt, the teaching physicality didn't have enough money to keep running. With her mother's permission, she started training in the werewolf regiment, for Omegas. The werewolves her age this year seemed to finally realize she wasn't a normal human.

Age 15; this year. Her wolf spoke to her. She found out she was adopted this year as the wolf's reasoning didn't match. She found out her true parents were high up in the pack chains. They weren't from the strongest pack, but definitely one of the strongest. After describing her parents to her, she finally understood. It was all her biological parents' fault.

She was turning sixteen soon. Her life before was pretty easy. Eva loved her parents even though they weren't her birth parents. Tonight she was leaving a congrats party for her friend, Elizabeth. Elizabeth just won a marathon so all of them gathered and gave her a nice party. Right now she was waiting at a bus stop for Mr. Connor and Mr. Davis to pick her up. They were pack members.

Out of nowhere the honk of Mr. Davis's Mercedes filled the once quiet night. Mr. Davis and Mr. Connor waved. "So, how was the party for your friend?" Asked Mr. Connor. Mr. Davis unlocked the car so she could get in. "I had fun. You should've seen Alex's face when we threw a pie at him! Haha!" Her laugh was lively. It was true Eva wasn't the easiest person to be social but she did have great friends that make her feel like she was.

The car ride was filled with music. Mr. Davis was old styled and listened to oldies rock. Right now he was playing "Love Hurts" by Nazareth. She sang along despite how much Mr. Connor had cringed. Mr. Davis was right with her singing. Cold flowing green eyes stared at the car coming up from the town.

As they traveled uphill a sudden whoosh made the car flip. Mr. Davis was gravely injured and out cold. Mr. Connor had crawled out. He was trying to breathe but he couldn't. Eva was trying to move. She couldn't hear anything around her. She saw a figure with glowing green eyes walk towards the wrecked car.

The man had a dark coat on. He wore skinny jeans and black shoes. His hair was black as night and his jawline was sharp. His skin was pale and cold. Fangs would peer through his mouth. He unbuckled her seat belt at a speed that made scientific logic cry. He picked her up bridal style and his haunting smirk was the last thing she saw.