Chapter XXX; Weaver of Hearts

Returning to Hollow Bastion once again, they were quickly surrounded by Heartless of various varieties, but none that X had seen before. He glared around him after getting rid of the first wave. Sora looked around in confusion, taking note of where more Heartless were appearing and vanishing off to terrorize the town.

"Wait a sec, I thought everything was supposed to be under control here!" Sora said. As they looked around the Town's Defense system started up. It didn't seem to be much help.

"Hey, look!" Donald said, pointing toward even more Heartless.

"Must be Organization XIII again. We better go see Leon," Sora said, turning to the group who all nodded in agreement.

They went to the Borough, meeting with Yuffie there. It looked like she had been tasked with taking out the Heartless in town. She looked tired, though still somehow full of energy at the same time.

"Come on in!" Yuffie said, leading the way toward Merlin's house. The gathering place they usually had.

"Wait just a second," Sora said as they followed Yuffie. "What happened to this place?" he asked.

"Didn't that Heartless look like the ones from Tron's world?" Goofy asked. That would explain why X had no idea what they were. He hadn't seen that world before.

"C'mon, just get inside!" Yuffie said, ushering them into the house. Cid was at the computer, typing something on his computer quickly. "Hurry up, Cid!" Yuffie complained as she bounded over to the computer.

"Give me a second!" Cid snapped back, continuing his work on the computer. X watched lines of code scroll across the screen. He didn't catch enough of it to know what was going on, but he was sure Y could have figured it out in a second.

"Confound it! Hurry!" Merlin said, echoing Yuffie's plea. Whatever this was it didn't seem they could get it done fast enough.

"Why, you-!" Cid complained.

"What's going on?" Sora asked. Cid spun his chair around facing the group.

"Talk about yer good timin'!" he said.

"The MCP is wreaking havoc inside the computer," Yuffie explained briefly. X frowned, he could remember the ominous voice that had spoken before taking Sora, Donald, and Goofy into the computer. He guessed they hadn't really handled the problem. 

"Not again!" Donald complained.

"Accordin' to Leon, anyway," Cid explained, turning back around to his computer to continue his work on whatever was so important. "He went on over to Ansem's study to find out what all the ruckus was about. Turns out the MCP is using the data in that computer to crank out Heartless. The MCP's been messin' around with the town's control system, too."

"That MCP sure doesn't know when to quit, does it?" Yuffie said, placing her hands on her hips.

"That's a computer program for ya," Cid said.

"How's Tron doing?" Sora asked.

"We can't reach him. We figure he must have been forced onto the game grid," Yuffie explained.

"And it don't sound like a particularly fun game, either," Cid added calmly.

"Awww," Donald said, slumping forward.