Chapter XXIX; Calming a Storm

Yuki stretched out her arms. There was a stiffness in her shoulders that was getting close to impossible to get rid of. Naminé sat off to the side drawing in her sketchbook like she usually did. Yuki leaned over her shoulder, trying to make out what the lines were forming into. 

The sound of a dark corridor opening made Yuki look up, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. No one was supposed to know where they were. It would be too dangerous. She relaxed though, seeing the tall figure.

"Riku," Yuki greeted calmly standing straight and crossing her arms. "What brings you here?"

"I need a word with Naminé," Riku said. His voice still sounded wrong, which Yuki expected, but it was still unnerving to her. She glanced down at Naminé who had stopped drawing clutching her sketchbook to her chest.

"About what?" Yuki asked. She knew what the answer was going to be, at she had a good idea. DiZ had already taught Riku how he was supposed to see them.

"Yuki," Naminé said calmly. She stood up and looked at Riku calmly. "It's about Kairi, right?"

"Yes. She is your other," Riku said simply. Yuki clenched her fist and stepped forward.

"And you want Naminé to help you save her. At the cost of Naminé being her own person," Yuki said. She wanted him to argue with her. Say that wasn't what he wanted. But she already knew his answer before it left his mouth.

"It's her own choice. But, it's where she belongs, isn't it?" he asked. Yuki's jaw clenched, her eyes narrowing to slits.

"Do I belong as my other?" Yuki asked. Riku took a step back in surprise. Yuki stepped towards him, feeling the anger surging through her body. The same type of anger the smaller Heartless held. "Naminé has just as much rights as anyone else does."

"What do I have to do?" Naminé asked calmly stepping around Yuki.

"Nami!" Yuki said in shock.

"Yuki, I won't be gone. I'll be whole. And, one day I'll come back. Just trust me," Naminé looked at her calmly. Her blue eyes were firm, something that always seemed difficult for her to do. Yuki sighed heavily, looking down and nodding.

"Ok. Ok. I trust you," Yuki said. She sighed again and looked up at Riku. "What's the plan?"

"You'll help?" Riku asked.

"You guys are my friends too. So what do I do to help?" Yuki asked.

*<3*

X stumbled as the group entered the new world. It took him a moment to regain his balance and look around the world. And it took only a few seconds longer for him to realize he had four paws. He cursed under his breath trying to pull back his claws but failing.

Looking to Sora, Donald, and Goofy he couldn't even pretend to be surprised. Sora was a lion cub, dark brown fur with his mane shaped like his hair. His pendant hung around his neck. Goofy was a tortoise and Donald was a tropical bird. X took a moment to look over at himself. He was a light tan color with black spots. A cheetah then.

As he finished taking in the world, and getting used to the extra paws, Sora led the way through what looked like a dead savannah. They stopped encountering a group of three hyena's.