Chapter 8.4 Baseball Time

updated

____________________________________________________________

Nagisa pov

The lunch bell just rung and Koro-sensei flew out the window to Australia for lamingtons. Everyone got up and ready to go outside.

I was about to as well when Isogai approached me.
"Excuse me Nagisa-san do you have a minute?" He asked polietly. Seeing as it wouldn't do much I nodded and followed him outside. We stood behind the classroom near the entrance.

Isogai led me to where Maehara, Okano, Kataoka, Mimura, and Yada were talking in hushed voices. When I arrived they looked to Isogai and nodded. I stood there looking curious. Kataoka stepped forward.

"Hey Nagisa-chan, you were the one that told Sugino-kun where Koro-sensei was the other day right." Kataoka said.

"Well yeah, why do you ask?" I tilted my head to the side acting confused. "Because they want you to do it again" Goldie commented. "Thanks for stating the obvious Goldie" I replied back.

"Would you be able to find him again? We have a plan and need his location." Isogai continued.

I thought for a second hearing Goldie speak.
'Don't help them' he argued.

'Why not brother?' I couldn't see why helping them would default my plans.

'They won't be able to kill him' he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

'Of course they can't but I can always help them.' I argued.

'Fine. Do what you want imouto-chan' he said defeatedly.

'Thanks nii-san' After gaini ng Goldie's permission I mulled over my next words. The conversation I had with Goldie only took roughly two seconds so nothing out of the ordinary happened. Just me thinking.

"Sure I think I could do that. How about you guys all come early tomorrow. I'll find him and you guys can put your plan in action." I suggested.

The group spoke within theirselves and finally agreed. "That would be awesome! Thanks Nagisa-chan." Yada exclaimed.

"Thats fi-" I was about to say when I got cut off.
"Nagisa-chan! Where are you?!" Sugino yelled around the corner.
"Well I'll see you guys in class. Have a good lunch break." I bowed and walked towards Sugino.

The group continued talking about their plan and refining it. When I walked towards Sugino he couldn't quite seem to notice me.
"Sugino-kun you called?" He twisted his head so fast I'm pretty sure he should have gotten whip-lash.
"There you are."sugino passed me a baseball glove. "I want you to help me with my pitching. I'm gonna make a move that complements my elbows and wrists." He began walking making a distance between us.

Sugino got into position. He was about to throw when he stopped. I looked at him questioningly. "Nagisa-chan do you know how to play Baseball?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah kinda. I know the basics of the game. I don't think I'm any good though." I said scratching the back of my neck. 'That's an understatement. Remember your target in june last year. ' Yami joined the conversation. He sent a memory through the link and I saw me get home run after home run. I ended the target in the changing rooms after the celebration of our win.

"Okay. Get ready" Sugino resumed his position and he began pitching practice.

He trialed with new and odd ways of throwing the ball. I on the other hand practiced predicting his movements and what would happen. As an assassin its good to understand body language. Even better if you can fortell what someone will do. Knowing that allows you to think of scenarios and what you can do to counteract what they do.

As we near the end of lunch break Sugino finds a suitable throw that could work for him in the future.

Sugino threw a fast curve ball. I just managed to catch it. "Wow Sugino-kun! That broke so fast it practically disappeared!" I chided throwing him the ball back.

"Haha well I wont give up. In baseball or assassination." Sugino stated passing the ball back to me.

"Then why don't you practice with our target?" I suggested nodding towards the open window connected to the teachers lounge.
"Yeah lets show Koro-sensei my new move." Sugino said as he ran up to Koro-sensei.

I look out to the forest 'This isn't so bad.' I thought.
Having friends.
A teacher that doesnt beat things into you.
Not seeing blood and corpses everytime I open my eyes.
Actually feeling something other than nothing at all.
"Don't go down that path now Nagisa" Goldie spoke.

"What path Goldie?" I replied

"You have done un-speakable things. There's no going back from that."

"I know. . It's just-"

"NO Nagisa. You are subject #013420. Code named Shadow Snake. An Assassin since birth. You by all means are NOT a normal human being. You live in the Shadows Nagisa. And you can never change that." Goldie spoke with great authority owned by my eldest brother.

I slapped both my cheaks. The stinging sensation clamed my emotions. "Thank You Goruden. I needed that." I sighed. The bell rang so I walked back to the classroom.
"This classroom is making you soft Imouto-chan. It was smart to accept this upcoming job. You need some time to get your mind set on your target." He stated. Moving around my waist he came up to my neck and licked it.

''You should invite Haru with you. You two need to practice your team-work in action.'' Goldie slithered down and rested on my shoulder.
I looked at the classroom then a memory flashed in my eyes and I sighed. 'Thats right'

I tapped the inside of my thighs feeling the cold sharp metal stars press against them.
I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and felt my communication device well hidden. Hearing the continous static until a job comes up.
I feel down my arms feeling my daggers secured in place.
'I by no means are Normal.'
My eyes hardened turning red for a second before turning back to their usual light blue.
'There's no going back after what I did.' With that I moved to my desk and prepared for my next class.

I am an Assassin.
Until I eliminate my target I'm known as Shiota Nagisa.
The shy slightly andygonus female mouse everyone loves.
In the background people know me by The Shadow Snake.
The strongest assassin the world has ever seen.

Until I eliminate my target. . .
The next bell rings. . .
____________________________________________________________

Paxx-chan here

Ta-ta
🙋✌