"Surprise." Of course.

We head to his car and Elijah opens the door for me.

We drove for about 15minutes and arrive in front of a beautiful house. He is CEO so I expected some big fancy house but this big? No.

He gave me tour.

Whole house is beautiful! Elijah has 4 more empty rooms and he is just renovating his office so he didn't show me that

"So you are completely alone in this huge house? Who cleans it?" I wonder out loud.

"Yes. I am alone. Sometimes staff, but most of the time me." Elijah spoke.

"So why do you have 4 other rooms?"

"For my children of course. I bought this house with my hard earned money, and I decided I want to leave in this house with my wife and children." He proudly states. Hmm he is very serious.

"I hope that doesn't scare you Skylar, that was just my dreams. We still are at our slow pace." I can sense the panic in his voice.

Right now the pace is too slow if you ask me, I know he is just respecting my wishes, so if needed I will hint him that we can make another step in our relationship.

Over this three months I learned from Elijah probably everything, except for his exes. So he earned my trust. He even babysat Nico few times for me.

"So what is our plan today?" I ask.

"Well I was thinking we could cook dinner together?" He inquired.

"That's lovely Elijah." I softly respond.

45minutes later we made our dinner. We made gnocchis with tomato and bazil sauce. Elijah really knows how to cook. This is another thing I admire about him. We eat, clean up together and then he pours us some red wine and escort me to living room.

"So Elijah why did I have to dress up?"

"For this. Skylar for the past three months I have tried to show you how real I am with you and Nico. I see our future together but let's go one step at the time. I have developed feelings I thought I would never find. Or at least really hardly. Even when I was younger my friends teased me since I was saying that I have a soulmate. I have always fight for love, so I have been fighting for you. What I am trying to say is or rather ask is will you be mine officially? Be my girlfriend. I already love Nico and I see him as my own son. And the truth is I love you too."

I think my mind went overboard. He loves me? Yes in such a short amount of time he showed me affection and love. He always took care of Nico and Nico loves him. Nico is like my own guard he never is nice to someone who has bad vibe he starts crying or so. So if Nico trust and loves him, why not.

"Pearl. You are lost in your thoughts again.."

"Oh sorry. Um my answer is yes Elijah, i will be your girlfriend. But I am sorry I can't say it back. I do have really strong feelings towards you, it's more than just i like you but I need more time to say it, I probably do already feel that but I have to adjust to it. I only said that to one person in a romantic way in my life and at the time he shattered my heart. So my heart still has some walls around it. But you are very good at breaking them."

He moves closer to me and passionately kisses me.

"Take all the time you want to say it. I love you and that is not going to change. You are worth all the time in this world." He comfortingly whispers.

This time I kissed him which lead to few minutes of just that, no breaking apart. I felt like some teenager who first experiences everything. First kiss, first boyfriend,...

Elijah then borrowed me some clothes. So we are now comfortably sitting or more like cuddling on the couch and watching film. I almost drifted to sleep when I remembered about picking Nico. Elijah noticed I stiffen.

"Pearl what is it?" His voice is laced with worry.

"I am a horrible mother!" I panic.

"Why Pearl, calm down and tell me."

"I totally forgot about Nico while I was here!"

"Pearl this is natural. You didn't forget about him, you simply trust the person Nico is with and you trust the person you are with. You are the best mother in the world." He tries to reason with me.

"Thanks Elijah. But right now I should really pick Nico up." I peck his lips.

And so we went to pick Nico, Elijah drove us home, he kissed Nico and me goodbye. I guess the love was worth the risk of hurting after all. At least for now, I don't know what the future holds.

I would just like to thank all of you who are reading! It means so much to me!

Love,
Jenna Rose