The elevator doors slide open revealing the wall we see every time before we turn and see the grand room.

Serena and I sat with the normal family group with guest, CeCe, Carol Rhodes and William.Brunch was great, food wise. Cece kept sending me a judging look, most likely because my whole outfit costs less than seventy dollars in total.

Chuck kept glancing my way but I avoided his gaze. I kept myself busy speaking with Rufus and William, about cars.

Now, I refill my glass of orange juice as everyone has scattered around the penthouse. The pitcher empties, leaving my glass halfway full.

Chuck grabs another pitcher, filling up the rest of my glass.

"Thanks." I say before I take a sip.

"I hear you're crashing at the Serena's and Blair's." He says as he leans against the counter.

"It's like an endless slumber party." I say

"I would usually have a comment but now I hardly pick one up when I'm near you." He says

"I'm glad. It'd be wrong go say something crude now considering we're bonded by blood." I remark.

"Blood is what makes a family..." Chuck began before I cut him off.

"No it doesn't. Love is what makes a family. Blood may be the only thing that runs the company and so be it but I told you I'm done shedding my blood for it." I state

Chuck seems disappointed by my response, hurt.

"We don't need a relationship based on the company, Chuck." I say softly.

"The company is the only thing I've ever known." He says

"That's not true." I say

"Hey, Are you ready to go?" Serena asks as she interrupts the conversation.

"Enjoy your day, ladies." Chuck says with his usual smirk except this time it was forced.

Serena and I leave the penthouse as Chuck walks away.

Down in the lobby, we head towards the exit until we're stopped by a blonde girl.

"Hey Serena." She says

"Sorry, my family's not talking to the press." Serena says

"Oh,well, then I guess I'm not either, because, technically, I'm your family." The girls much to my surprise. "You're probably wondering how you could be related to someone who's so socially awkward. Um but I'm your cousin."

"Charlie. Oh, my God! I mean, Charlotte. Oh, my gosh! Your mom didn't tell me you were here." Serena exclaims with a grin

"That's because she doesn't know. Um can we go somewhere and talk?" The girl, Charlie asks with a worried expression.

"Yeah, sure." Serena agrees "First, Charlie this is my friend Lena. Lena this is my cousin Charlie."

Charlie and I exchange greetings before I let the two go off on their own as I go meet a friend.