Air of Artificiality

Start from the beginning

[Merely a whim of mine.]

Answering as such the Asura Monarch looks upon the battlefield with eyes of reminiscence. It is also then that a thought crosses his mind.

(Perhaps this can also be used as a chance to regain some of my missing memories as well.)

Despite this entire situation being something that he had set up on a whim the Asura Monarch now finds the situation to have greater significance than before when thinking of his missing memories.

Even if his legion had failed in achieving victory the Asura Monarch at least wanted to recall why and how it had happened.

Dreaming Back to the Ancient Times, this Absolute Law can take one back through time by the means of creating a "world" that is based off the enactor's memories.

However, whether this created world can be considered a reality or a dream is still questionable as not even the Asura Monarch himself knew the answer to that question despite this being an Absolute Law of his creation.

Since the Asura Monarch's memories are in bits and pieces this world cannot be considered perfect as even Ye Gui Feng who isn't a monarch can readily see through the flaws of this world that they are currently in.

Had the memories of the Asura Monarch been whole then none of the practitioners here would be giving off this air of artificiality. But regardless of a flawed memory it shouldn't interfere too much with this Absolute Law's method of reenacting old history even if there are a few foreign variables involved.

[This doesn't change the objectives that I had set for you. Simply pretend this as me wanting a change of view.]

As the Asura Monarch says this the figure of seven individuals walk out from the void behind him.

One of them is Xuan Nuo who has his damaged armor restored completely and the second is the azure robed practitioner from before.

The third figure is a young woman with phoenix like eyes. Her luxurious looking set of red qipao gives one the impression of her having come from a wealthy family of nobles. This kind of regal air is somewhat of a great contrast to her being here on a battlefield.

The fourth is a tall young man dressed in a black set of robes. His arms are covered by the scales of a dark dragon with pale white electricity running through them.

The fifth is another young woman with short black hair. Her sleeveless red shirt with a pair of baggy pants can only be described as boyish and if one doesn't look closely she could very well be mistaken for a man. At the same time there is something sinister and demonic about her smirk.

The sixth is a girl who looks no older than 16. Her attire reminds one of a shrine maiden's and held in her right hand is a tree branch decorated with different colored pearls.

The seventh is another girl of around 20 with a large scythe held in her right hand. Her qipao is decorated with the patterns of thorns.

[These are the seven core members of my legion. Each of them in their prime held power that is right below the realms of a monarch making them the strongest practitioners of an era.]

Even without the Asura Monarch's introduction to the seven Ye Gui Feng and the demonic self can both tell just how powerful these seven individuals are after having fought Xuan Nuo.

[If you're able to defeat them all it would be the same as having defeated all the other members of my legion.]

Hearing this the demonic self's lips form a light smile that contains a hint of ill intent.

[Well... That simplifies things a lot more.]

*Wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!!!!!* waving his hand the demonic self sends the Primordial Sea Devil along with a vast army of ghosts to charge towards the Asura Monarch and the seven core members of his legion!

The sudden entry of the Primordial Sea Devil onto the battlefield is something that causes both sides of the ongoing war to widen their eyes.

One side readily chose to back away while the other side chooses to stand in place as they quickly begin to perform a series of incantation gestures.

As the Primordial Sea Devil continues to move along the ghosts that surrounds it quickly converges onto it and using their bodies they cover the colossal beast from head to tail.

*Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!* within the blink of an eye a series of magic and demonic techniques are unleashed upon the Primordial Sea Devil as a display of deafening fireworks go off continuously!

*Wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!!!!!* towards this heavy rain of bombardments the Primordial Sea Devil is unfazed as it continues to move along without reducing its speed!

The bodies of the ghosts that covers the Primordial Sea Devil's body is like a dense layer of armor that shields it from harm.

Due to how many ghosts there are this armor that is formed of their bodies is extremely difficult to pierce through. However, that doesn't mean that this armor is impossible to break.

Each attack that lands onto the armor of ghosts is something that would cause more than a thousand ghosts to howl in anguish before their existence is wiped away.

Upon "death" the ghosts would put on an expression of relief almost as if that had put them out of whatever pain or misery they had been suffering from under the effects of the Yaksha Monarch's Absolute Law.

*Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!* as more ghosts perish under this bombardment the armor of the Primordial Sea Devil is gradually chipped away and having seen through this the forces of the Asura Monarch's legion begins to focus their attacks onto a single area of the beast's body.

[Tch.]

Seeing how fierce the forces of the enemy sides are attacking the demonic self clicks his tongue as he begins to move again. 

Author: Pages are loading again for me but we'll see how long this lasts.