Chapter 46: Honeymoon Phase

The contract really was burnt by Qiao Yichen.

The fire burning in the porcelain basin let off a light that flickered upon Ding Meng's wooden face.

Qiao Yichen waited for the paper to burn into a pile of ashes. Then, he stood and turned around to face Ding Meng, "How about you move into my room?"

Ding Meng, "..."

Was her last front also going to fall into the enemy's hands?

Qiao Yichen noticed that she wasn't responding so he raised his brows slightly and asked, "You don't want to? We're a legitimate, normal married couple now. Sleeping together is the norm, isn't it?"

Ding Meng blinked, "There are married couples that sleep separately too."

Qiao Yichen, "..."

He threw the ashes from the porcelain basin into the toilet and flushed them away. Then, he turned back to her, "We're in our honeymoon phase right now. There's no reason to sleep separately."

Ding Meng, "..."

Why don't you produce a honeymoon trip then?

"Then it's decided." As if he was trying to convince Ding Meng, he added, "The bed in my room is bigger than the one in your room and it's more comfortable to sleep on. You've already experienced it last night."

Ding Meng, "..."

She took a deep breath and faced Qiao Yichen with a smile, "I slept so deeply last night that I didn't feel a thing."

"That's perfect You'll have a chance to experience it again tonight." As he spoke, Qiao Yichen walked towards Ding Meng's bedroom and began to help her pack up her things.

"Screeching alarm devices? Pepper spray?" Qiao Yichen held up the things he had found in the drawer and turned around to look at her, "You were pretty well prepared."

Ding Meng, "..."

She laughed bitterly while frowning, "But they didn't turn out to be very useful. They didn't protect me from perverts at all."

She really wanted to file a complaint to the consumer's association.

Qiao Yichen grinned silently and threw the objects in his hands into the trash.

Ding Meng turned around to see that he had opened the door to her closet. Hastily, she ran up to block him, "STOP! I can move the stuff in here on my own!"

Qiao Yichen leaned his head to the side and looked at her and his lips curved suggestively, "You don't need to be embarrassed. After all, I'll see you wearing everything in here at some point in the future."

Ding Meng, "..."

She picked up the pepper spray that he had just thrown into the trash bin and shook it as though she was ready to spray him.

Smiling silently, Qiao Yichen lifted up the items that he had organized just now and walked out.

Ding Meng packed up the things in her closet and carried them over to Qiao Yichen's room. There, she discovered that he had already tidied up his closet and left half of it empty for her.

She wasn't sure why, but an inexplicable sense of warmth crept into her heart.

While she hung up her clothing one by one inside the closet, Qiao Yichen carried her bathroom supplies into the bathroom.

Two toothbrushes, two towels, and two cups. Qiao Yichen looked at the items neatly arranged on the countertop and smiled.

Ding Meng followed him inside to take a look and placed her own toothpaste on the countertop as well.