Chapter 36: Gu Xin, put your clothes back on right now!

The Popular Classics Commemoration Concert was set to take place at the end of September. Tickets at every price level were completely sold out a month prior.

As the concert approached, the artists performing weren't the only ones who became more active. The ticket scalpers were also becoming more lively. In an effort to prevent people from buying scalped tickets, the organizers denounced it on Weibo everyday. They had even added additional security and staff personnel on the day of the concert to patrol the venue.

This concert's lineup was unprecedentedly grand. Since the tickets were so hard to get a hold of, the organizers made special arrangements and partnered with a video streaming website to broadcast the concert online such that people could live stream as long as they were registered VIP members.

The order of the performances had long been distributed to each singers. Gu Xin was the opening act while Mo Zhen was the closing act. Sima Xiaoxiao was placed right at the concert's halfway mark. By that time, the majority of the spectators would begin to get tired. Therefore, her arrival on stage would be able to enliven the crowd's spirit.

When Ding Meng received the lineup order, naturally, the first thing she did was to look for her own position. Very unfortunately, she was scheduled to be right after Sima Xiaoxiao.

She figured that this was probably the timeslot the organizers had set aside to let the audience use the restroom.

If this had happened when she was still a student, she definitely would've been depressed. However, now that she was older, her state of mind had become more level-headed. Even though she still felt undervalued, like Jiang Man had previously said, having the opportunity to appear in this concert was already very fortunate. Afterall, she was the only newcomer in the group of participants.

Qiao Yichen wanted her to consider this opportunity as a learning experience, but she also believed in what he had said before. If you want to have a say, use your voice to make everyone remember you.

As long as she was able to sing You Wanted to Break Up Today to the best of her abilities, many more people were bound to remember her.

The confidence she had felt before the concert began slowly transformed into anxiety when she heard the screams from the audience become more and more excited. The fact that this concert venue held several tens of thousands of spectators and the lineup of popular performers had no lack of emperors and empresses caused Ding Meng to feel something she hadn't felt in a long time. Inadvertently, a wave of stage fright suddenly washed over her.

She sat in front of her dressing station, looked at the fully dressed up person in the mirror, and tried to remain calm. Since she was singing a Ruan Lingyun song, her outfit had many elements specific to that decade. Her retro-looking qipao and makeup made her look even more like a blast from the past.

Despite taking several deep breaths, she was still unable to calm herself down. The audience's screams felt like they were right next to her ears.

When Qiao Yichen came over to confirm the final details, he noticed Ding Meng sitting all by herself off to the side. He chatted with the staff members for a bit before walking over towards her. "What's wrong? You nervous?"

Ding Meng lifted her eyes from the mirror to look at him. The more nervous she felt inside, the calmer she appeared outside. How did he know that she was nervous with just one look? Was this a tacit understanding between old deskmates?

Qiao Yichen saw that she didn't respond, which confirmed his suspicions. "Don't be nervous. Even though there are several tens of thousands of people out there, not a single one came for you."