Chapter 44: Today, let's try a different kind of physical training.

Even though Jiang Man had said that she was done with managing Ding Meng, she didn't really stop.

She scheduled a time for Ding Meng and Gu Xin to practice dancing together, and while she was at it, she also signed Ding Meng up for a commercial and a music TV program. This was her way of helping Ding Meng establish a presence during the period of inactivity to come.

Ding Meng knew that even though Jiang Man was opposed to her recording an album, Jiang Man also had her career prospects in mind. It was just that Jiang Man and Qiao Yichen had taken different stances on the approach.

In reality, Jiang Man had a sharp tongue but a soft heart.

Ding Meng's itinerary had been packed lately. Yesterday, she made an appearance on that music TV program to promote her new solo. Earlier when I'm Here was released, rumors quickly appeared online claiming that she didn't dare perform the song live.

Now, Ding Meng understood how Sima Xiaoxiao must have felt. There would always be those people who, because they lacked the skills themselves, believed that it was impossible for others as well.

Jiang Man helped her land an appearance on this music TV program not only to promote her solo, but also for this implied reason. There was no need give an explanation. As long as she successfully sang the song live on the program, those dissenters would automatically receive a slap in the face.

On the other hand, she and Gu Xin had already begun recording their duet, and they were currently in the middle of an intense dance practice.

Ding Meng didn't have any foundation in dancing, but fortunately her body was pretty nimble so it wasn't too difficult to perform the motions that required a bit of flexibility. Her fans were shocked when she wrote on Weibo that she would be dancing this time. After all, the songs Ding Meng sang usually emphasized the emotional aspects above all else.

However, Gu Xin had told her during a recording session that she was very adaptable, and it didn't feel unnatural at all when she sang rock songs. The best example of that was First Flower of February.

Every time Gu Xin said that, Ding Meng felt that Qiao Yichen had such impressive insight. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have even sang First Flower of February, and there probably also wouldn't be this collaboration today.

"Okay, take a 20 minute break. We'll continue at 10:30." The dance instructor clapped and spoke to Ding Meng and Gu Xin before turning around and leaving the dance room. Ding Meng walked over to her resting area, used a towel to wipe her face, and picked up her water bottle to drink a mouthful.

She had to admit, dancing was really quite a workout. Fortunately, she was already in much better shape than she was before. Otherwise, dancing like this would have brought her to the ground long ago.

Gu Xin also drank some water and walked over to the window. He looked at her as he leaned against the windowsill, "I heard that Qiao Yichen is getting ready to produce an album for you, and he nearly had a falling out with Jiang Man because of it."

Ding Meng, "..."

"Somehow even you know about it..." She was a little speechless. The saying "good news never gets outside, but bad news spreads far and wide" was really accurate.

Gu Xin laughed and said, "Actually, there's no such thing as a secret in this industry."

Puffing her cheeks, Ding Meng responded, "Manager Jiang had probably already mapped a plan out for me, so I bet she only became angry because Qiao Yichen messed up those plans."