Chapter 25: I'm looking forward to seeing a new star rise in the music industry

Gu Xin took off his dark brown sunglasses when he walked into the hospital room.

Ding Meng stared at him. For a moment, she couldn't decide if she should first dash over and ask for a signature, or first thank him for giving her pointers last time.

Gu Xin was also taken by surprise. He hadn't expected to see a woman in Qiao Yichen's hospital room. Not only that, she had even brought homemade soup. He quickly speculated at the relationship between the two and then suddenly also realized this woman looked rather familiar. He thought for a moment before remembering, "You're Ding Meng?"

Ding Meng didn't think he would actually remember her. She was simply too honored. "That's me, that's me. I'm Ding Meng! Thank you for your pointers last time."

"It wasn't much." Gu Xin smiled at her, still confused about why she would be here. Last time he met her at the broadcast building so she was probably a Heavenly Voice contestant. If so then...was she taking this opportunity to curry favor with this judge, Qiao Yichen?

Qiao Yichen coughed, interrupting the wordless exchange between the two. "Superstar Gu has the free time to come here?"

Gu Xin withdrew his sight and casually looked over at Qiao Yichen. Then he took a couple steps toward the hospital bed and placed the basket of fruits in his hand onto the desk. "The Great Producer Qiao has been hospitalized. How could I not come and pay a visit?"

"Haha." Qiao Yichen laughed sarcastically. Those words of Gu Xin's sounded more like he was coming to take a look around a zoo.

Gu Xin really did take a look at the gauze on Qiao Yichen's head. He spoke a little worriedly, "Will the areas that were stitched become bald?"

"You don't need to worry about that." Qiao Yichen put on a fake smile and looked at him.

Gu Xin acted as if he didn't notice anything and continued to talk, "I heard you were injured saving a competition contestant? That contestant must be especially good looking."

This surprise praise made Ding Meng feel defenseless. She shyly swept her hair behind her ear. "She's just alright."

.....

Gu Xin turned around to look at her and Qiao Yichen scoffed, speaking to Ding Meng, "Are you stupid? He's obviously being sarcastic."

Gu Xin seemed to have realized something and knowingly nodded his head. Then he turned around again and spoke to Qiao Yichen, "After Xiaoxiao found out you were hospitalized because you saved someone, she was so shocked on Weibo. She said she had always thought you were bipolar."

Qiao Yichen, "......"

Very good. He'd meet her at the recording studio.

T/N: QYC says it in a way that's very duel/showdown-like.

Ding Meng was still lingering in the room and hadn't left yet. Earlier, Gu Xin and Qiao Yichen were talking so she hadn't found an opportunity to speak. Now both people were silent so she hurriedly grabbed the chance to express her love. "Gu....Expert. I listened to your new album. It's awesome! Also I'll definitely attend your concerts next year!"

Qiao Yichen coldly shot her a glance. "Weren't you going to the training camp? Why are you still here?"

Ding Meng glared at him. Don't get in the way of her idol chasing!

Gu Xin gave Ding Meng his thanks, and then his eyes swept over Qiao Yichen. He spoke again, "I also need to return. Why don't we leave together?"

Qiao Yichen, "......"