Chapter Thirty Two- We were better off being friends

🎶Nothimg at all🎶

Book Finale

Claire's POV

As soon as our lips seperated I stared at Leon, his gray eyes searching my blue eyes. I felt the urge to cry but crying would only make me appear weak after what he just told me.

How could he break up with me then kisse me, saying that he loves me. I surpressed my tears, finding my voice.

Why were males so confusing?

"I really want to understand you Leon but I can't...I will Never understand you. How can you love someone then leave them?" I asked, me blinking back my tears.

"Claire it's not you, it's me" he told me as if that would explain everything. Should that make me feel better?

Before he could touch my face I stood, crossing my arms. I hugged myself.

"What did I do wrong?" I asked staring at the wall as my voice cracked. Leon saying he was the problem actually convinced me that I was the issue.

"You didn't...I did. I'm never going to be the man who is going to put a ring on your finger Claire. What you want, I cannot give you" he stated and my throat burnt.

"I understand, I'm sorry for everything. I should have never kissed you, we were actually better off beong friends" I apologized. I heard him stood.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Claire, you made me a father. You were always there for me and just the same I intend to be there for my son" he told me. I crossed my arms, me wanting to cry so badly.

"Just go" I whispered softly, nothing else heard but the sound of him leaving the room. That's when I allowed the tears to fall.

I could taste my tears along with the popcorn I was munching on, the program on TV appearing blurry.

"I can see you, you know that right?" I asked the dark corner of the room. Chris emerged.

"He didn't leave for reasons you may think" Chris state as he sat next to me. I dried my eyes. Well I wasn't aware that he and Leon were best buddies.

"Is that so?" I asked changing the chanel.

"He left because he wants you to find someone who isn't busy 24 \7. He wants you to find someone who will treat you better than he is able to" Chris stated and my eyes fell to his knuckles that had a slight drop of blood. He hid the hand immediately.

"You punch him didn't you?" I asked and Chris shrugged. I nudged him.

"Chris!" I exclained, my brother could have a temper sometimes.

"What, he made you cry" he told me and I chuckled. It was a sweet gesture, my big brother looking out for me.

"I think Racoon city demonstrated that I am capable of handling myself" I stated between chuckles.

He half smiled, removing a curmpled news paper. I stared at him quizzically.

"I saw the apartment you cirled, I'll be willing to purchase it for you. It's about time you had your freedom" Chris stated and I stared at him.

He had honestly taken me seriously.

"I never meant...what I said about you treating me like a sisteen year old , that was said out of anger" I confessed.

"You really want the apartment Claire, consider it as your early birthday gift" Chris stated and I hugged him.

"Thank you so much" I stated as I awkwardly hugged my brother due to my sick hand.

*****

Jill looked around, smiling.
"Wow, this place is so cute" she stated as she helped me clean the place up. I smiled.

"And the good thing is there is day care close by." I stated.

"Thats great. When Chris and I argue I can always ditch him here" Jill whispered and we looked to Chris who was arranging the furnitures.

We chuckled, Chris looking to see if something was wrong with him. We laughed even harder and he scratched his hair, trying to look at his butt.

"Is there a spider on my ass or something?" He asked and Jill and I tried to remain serious. That's until we both burst out laughing, Chris shrugging his jacket off.

"There's nothing there, that's not the reason we are laughing" Jill stated between chuckles and Chris gave us a look.

"You know what, I don't even want to know what it is. Which room should I start with, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or living area?" Chris asked and I tapped my chin.

"Since everyone enters through the living area let's start here" I suggested.

As soon as I turned off the lights and I was about to make my way to bed the door bell rang. I yawned.

"I'm coming" I yelled as I didn't bother to turn the lights on, simply going over to the door.

My eyes met dark glasses and before I could air my suspicion a hand covered my mouth. I tried fighting but he was too strong, the phone in my hand vibrating.

The intruder took the phone, answering. "Well hello Redfield..." He stated and when I heard my brother I relized he had placed the call on speaker.

"Wesker! Claire???, what the hell did you do to her!" And the man took his hand from my mouth, his arm circling my throat.

"She's here Redfield but if you want to ever see her alive you have three months to find me" Wesker stated and I screamed.

"Chris!I'm so sorry, this is my fault!" I cried.

"I will get you Claire, no matter how long it takes I will find you. Nothing will..." And Wesker cut the call, turning my entire world black with one injection.

For the resident evil fans we all know Wesker was once a member of S.T.A.R.S and was the team leader of the team Chris and Jill was on. However he is no longer has good intentions and has a vendetta against Chris Redfield.

What a exciting way to end the book huh?

Gear up for book two guys, that is:

Toxins of yesterday