As I pull out of the driveway, I look up at a window and see something scrawled onto the one right above the porch. Paisley stands right behind it, holding up a single red rose.

"YRROS M'I"

-

Waking up alone in my bed seemed something that barely happens to me.

Next door, I hear Cameron talking in rapid Spanish, probably to someone on her phone.

I look at my phone and there's only notifications for twitter, instagram and snapchat.

Like ever so rarely, I get up and toss my phone under my blanket. If she's going to ignore me throughout today, then I have the right to do so too.

I'm not going to stand around waiting for her 24/7 with open arms. If she wants me back, I'll have to feel the same.

I decide to make myself some banana pancakes, the fewer part of my specialties in the kitchen. "Cameron!", I call put for her.

Footsteps are to be heard from the stairs and I flip on the stove. "Morning, Gray.", she sing-songs and hops over to me.

"What do you need help with now?", she immediately assumes, giggling like a little freak. I smile slightly.

"Make the pancakes, at least you don't burn them as much as I do.", I state and she bites her lip, crossing her arms teasingly.

"I appreciate the compliment, but what the fuck will you be doing?", she asks and I point towards the fridge.

"Setting the table. Where are mom and dad?", I reply and walk over to the massive refrigerator with the water dispenser.

I open it as Cameron shrugs and I pull out a jar of Nutella. "They went for dinner with mom's colleagues last night but I dozed off trying to wait for their return.", she says.

I frown and watch her flip some butter into the pan and oil it up. I nod slowly and grab two plates from the cabinet, organizing them onto the table.

Just as I was about to set the cutlery something gave out a clanking sound from the main hallway. I drop the knives and forks onto one of the plates and rush over to the front door.

"Dad? Mom?", I call out, but when the door swings open and bangs against the wall, I just see Ethan and Piper with panicked faces.

"Ethan!", I call out in surprise and shock as he falls into my arms, gasping rapidly for fresh air that his lungs are begging for.

"Pai-paisley.", he mumbles. Piper falls to the ground, exhausted. Cameron rushes in, tossing the spatula onto the dresser.

"Holy shit, Ethan!", she welps in fear and rushes to Piper, touching her forehead. "They're okay.", she mutters and looks at me in complete confusion.

"What's wrong, Ethan? Piper?", I turn to her weak body strayed across the floor. She looks up at me weakly, panic in her eyes.

"She's gone.", Ethan whispers and sits down next to Piper. They're put of breath, there's panic written all over their faces.

"Who, who's gone?", I ask him and he shakes his head slowly, biting his lip. Piper presses a hand onto her mouth as a tear escapes her eye.

"Paisley ran away last night.", my brother says.

\\\

someone call 911. i'm rewatching 'the maze runner' series for the 83849393 time and i swear my death certificate will say that i died of a seizure if i have to see dylan o'brien being a fucking dad one more time.

update
cece died of a heart attack 0,3848 seconds ago.

25 comments + votes for the next chapter

{i kno i keep making them higher but you gotta live with it}

thanks for 120 followers:)))

xx,cece