chapter six; are we friends or are we more?

i'm updating @ school ; that shows dedication lmao

. . .

jay and louis had been invited to their home by anne' once anne had rejoined harry at the juice section. she didn't hesitate to ask jay to join them for lunch, and possibly even a movie night.

anne thought it would be a perfect way for harry to feel connected with louis and maybe make one more friend. louis was eager to join harry the whole afternoon but harry was not so pleased.

he felt like this was not what he wanted. he did not want to get his hopes up again, only to have them come crashing down. but louis had showed him that they were friends. louis was seen as a caring seven year old by harry. yet he still did not trust him completely.

he enclosed himself most of the afternoon just watching louis build yet another creation with the endless amount of legos harry had. he did not want to engage in conversations with him i fear that he could make a fool out of himself.

"does this look 'lright?" louis asks him oblivious to harry ignoring him. harry simply nods, his eyes trailing everywhere except for his. he wanted jay and louis gone. he wanted to be alone.

"did you like the lolly?" he smiles at him wanting to look polite but at the same time all he wanted was to yell at him to get out. but he remained silent, just a simple nod as a response.

"no thank you?" louis pouts jokingly placing the legos down and walking towards harry. he gulped giving him yet another nod.

"t-thanks 'ouie," harry blushes stiffing when louis had sat on the bed next to him. he realizes this and with the little confidence louis held in his body he decided to question him.

"you're no fun," he says poking harry's nose, "when you ignore me."

"i'm not 'gnoring you," harry mumbles, his eyes glued on the power ranger on the bed. he sighs and places his fingers on the bottom of his cheek lifting him up making their eyes meet.

"you are. but why?"

that is when harry broke down and told him everything. he admitted he liked being friends but liam thought it was not right because of the age difference. then again, liam was a year older. why did two years make a difference?

louis shushed him trying to calm the little guy down as he continued to talk about how louis could not possibly be his friend. but louis thought otherwise.

"i am your friend harry," louis smiles, "i like you."

his eyes widened at what he had said and quickly corrected himself, "you are a great friend." although he did not know much about love or relationships, he felt different when he had admitted to liking harry. but it was suppose to be as a comfort type thing. so why did it bother louis?

"we are friends?" harry asks raising his eyebrows shockingly. louis nodded and punched him lightly on his arm.

"friend punch," he explains when harry looks at him confused. he laughs and then quickly hops off the table and heads for his toys' box. "I got this 'oy!" he starts trying to look for it but is not able to pinpoint where exactly was the last time he had seen it.

"it was just 'ere," he says scratching his head in thought. louis offered to help look but harry told him to stay sitting that he'd find it eventually. as harry went around the room searching for it, louis could not help but admire how his tiny feet moved around the room.

he was quick, he noted. he also was somewhat very neat as he did not completely trash the room as he searched for the toy. and if he would drop something he'd immediately pick it up and put it back in place. louis liked that.

"i can not 'ind it!" he says frustrated tugging at his hair. he bit his lip, the color of his lips faded but were filled with color again when he released hold of them. he had last played with his toy yesterday! where could it be?

"let's just do something else," louis suggests as he did not want harry to be frustratedly thinking about his missing toy. harry sighs in defeat but as soon as he sat down on the bed, he jumps right up. he gets on his knee and looks under the bed. like he had remembered, his red robot was laying on the floor untouched from yesterday.

he had stuffed it down there so he could not get caught playing after his bed time by his mum when she came by to check on him. louis laughs, "ya didn't know it was there?"

harry joins in the laugh, "not really. i 'orgot!"

louis eyes crinkle as he laughs joined harry on the floor. his eyes made eye contact with harry's green mesmerizing eyes making him lose his breathing for a second. he was well aware how adorable harry was, but why was he feeling this? he never gave a thought of how cute girl's from his class were but with harry he could literally tell from a mile away that he was the cutest person ever.

all this confused louis.

he was suppose to think girls' were cute. he was suppose to grow up and married a beautiful girl and possibly have a family, as his mum would say. so why did he find himself thinking harry, a guy, was cute? suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted when he felt the slightest touch on his hands. he looked with soft eyes at the spot where harry's small tiny hands once were and sighs. he was too damn confused.

"are 'ou listening to me?" harry asks biting his lip. oh god, louis thinks.

he is a five year old, louis reminded himself, and i am seven.

technically louis was not suppose to hold feelings. heck, he did not even know what liking someone meant. so why did he find harry so damn cute. his eyes, his lips. the freaking way he talked, how he doubted himself.

he sighs again, "i am. i'm here with you aren't I?"

harry gives him a smile and tells him what to do as they begin to play with the red robot he had once misplaced.

the afternoon went by so quickly that harry felt heartbroken when the clock hit 8PM. he knew that they would soon be leaving but he did not want louis to leave. they had been having so much fun, he thinks. why couldn' t the fun continue?

"i'm sorry 'arreh, i have to go now," louis apologizes noticing the sad face harry held in his face. his lips were formed into a frown as he watched louis put on his shoes (that he had taken off when they played twister).

"i'll be back ok?"

"promise?" harry asks hopefully walking louis to the door of his bedroom. louis nodded and looked behind him to see his mother and anne occupied with organizing all the food they had consumed before facing harry again.

"i promise," he says and in the rush of the movement leans over and plants a kiss on harry's cheek.

"bye lou," harry says in shock placing his hands on his cheek. with pink tinted cheeks, louis made his way to his mum leaving harry with giddy emotions.

-

did u like this chapter? it was kinda boring sorry .

but do you think this story is moving to fast (ex; louis' kissing harry on the cheek etc)?

comment/vote and possibly share hehe