Wattpad Icons & What They Mean

Welcome to Wattpad! 

There's a few different icons on the mobile app to go to different places and we'll go over what they mean.

First, is the little house! It takes you to "Home" where you will find two sections: Recommended and Browse

Recommended is based on what you've been reading, so it will be very general when you first start on Wattpad. But as you read more it will personalize more to who you are.

Browse is where you can go to find stories based on things like genre and tags. Pick one genre or tag and it will take you to what stories are popular, what stories are new, what ones are becoming popular, and writers in that genre or tag. If you have something in mind, but don't know exactly what it is, this is probably a good place to start.

In the top right, there's also a little magnifying glass. That's the search bar. Type in there if you want to search for stories, users, or topics.

The second icon is the three books. This is your library, broken into three sections: Current Reads, Archive, and Reading Lists. You can read more about them in another part of this book, but if you're looking to ever get to them you click that button.

In the middle is the pencil, known as the create section. You tap here to write a story on Wattpad, or to edit your existing stories once you've started writing.

Next is the little speech bubble, which may or may not have a little red circle. That button will take you to the Updates section, which is divided into News Feed, Notifications, and Messages. There's more on them in a later section but that's otherwise where you go to find them.

Last is the little person's shadow. That's your profile! You can also find the settings once you go there, which is a little gear symbol. It's also where you edit your profile and change details about yourself.

And those are the icons. Happy navigating!