Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I stared hard at the piece of parchment in my hand.

Dear Amaris Cana,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

"Well?" Dad asked, looking excited. "What does it say?"

"I... I got in." I said, dully

"That's fantastic!" Mum exclaimed, looking at me, trying to gauge my reaction. "That's both of our children at Hogwarts!" Aiden clapped me on the back.

"Guess I'll be seeing you more often, pest." He joked. I exhaled deeply.

"I- I don't understand." I said finally.

"What don't you understand?" asked Mum.

"Wizarding society... they don't like people like me." Was my simple reply.

"Nonsense! I'm sure they'll love you." I shook my head. My parents were both muggles, so I didn't expect them to know. I only knew because Aiden had told me a week earlier.

Flashback

"Amaris," he had said, as he sat me down on the end of my bed, "My letter's probably coming soon, which means that, if you're a witch, yours will be coming too. I just wanted to tell you that..." he'd trailed off, and looked away from me.

"What?" I'd asked, getting anxious. He took a deep breath.

"Don't tell anyone that you're a- a werewolf, ok? In the wizarding world, werewolves aren't... accepted. I'm sorry." I'd grimaced and nodded. I'd figured as much. I guessed I wouldn't ever really be accepted anywhere. And I guessed that was just the way life was going to be for me.

Present Time

"No, mum, you don't understand." I said. "People in the wizarding world, they don't like werewolves."

"Oh." She looked down, a dismayed look on her face. I gently folded the letter, and stood up from the table.

"I'll be in my room if anyone needs me." I excused myself and slowly walked up the stairs.