Chapter: 2

I find myslef towards the back of the train. surrounded by colors not black. But blue, grey, white and one single red shirt. Thats when i realize all the new initiates are in my cart, which would make sense seeng  im in the last car.  i plop down next to Bellamy and a erudite girl. Bellamy looks over at me. It's hard to keep eye contact with him.

"You'r pretty good at this." He yells over the noise of the train.

"Yeah well thats because i'm a natural." I say nudging his shoulder. his eyes light up as he laughs.

" Well I'm a natural cluts, I almost killed myself trying to get on."

"The first times always the hardest." I say patting his knee. "You'll get better I promise." He looks down at my hand then back up to me. He slightly smiles, biting his lower lip.

"Maybe you could teach me sometime." His green eyes lock to mine. Causing my words to catch in my throat. I don't say anything. I just nod and smile. We ride the rest of the way in silence. My hand on his knee and our shoulders touching. I feel like i can't breath. As if taking a breath would shatter this moment.

"Hey!" an erudite girl yells out. "Their jumping!" Everyone peirs out the doors. Bellamy gets up first. He reaches out a hand to help me up. I spring to my feet. Pushing the initiates out of the opening.

"Get ready?" I yell behind me. The other initiates look around confused but I know whats coming. as the building approaches, I bend my knees preparng myself. Then I jump. Throwing my hands out in front of me. I fall into a summer salt before bouncing back on to my feet.

        The new initiates don't do so well. Some land on their stomachs, or trip on the ledge as they jump out. But they all make it. Bellamy comes up to me panting as if he just ran a mile.

"Fun right?" I laugh patting him on the back. He glares at me.

"Yeah right, that was terrible!" He says back to me. Bending over to touch his knees. I look around for the other Dauntless born. They're all gathered in a circle. In front of them on the ledge of the building stands our leader Ryder. His green mohawk blowng in the wind. I walk to join the Dauntless born. I look around for someone to stand by Until i realize I have no friends. I sigh. The perks of being independant I guess. I push my way to the front just as Ryder starts his speech.

"Welcome new, and Dauntless born initiates. The names Ryder! I'm one of the higher up's here, and it's my job to watch you little squirts." He laughs. I roll my eyes. I've had to deal with this jerk for a couple of years now. He thinks hes so funny, and so important. I hate him.

"Today is the first day of your initiation. For the next couple of weeks you will be put through dfferent task. To test your strength, agility, state of mind, and of course bravery." At that the Dauntless roar behind me. But my mind s concentrated on Ryder his big nose wrinkling as he smiles.

"I'm glad your all excited." He yells throwing his hands up.

"So who volunteers to jump first." He points his finger down behind him. The whole crowd leans in to get a closer look. A building waits below with a gaping hole in the middle. It's either to deep or to dark to see the bottom. Either way I have no idea what awaits me, and that excited me!

        The Dauntless born all throw their hands up. Eager to volunteer. I walk towards the back of the buildng. As they argue about whose braver. Bellmay looks at me confused.  give him a smirk and walk by. When I reach the back of the buildng. Ryders becoming impatients. Trying to break the fight up between the initiates.

        I bend down into a sprint position. I take a deep breath. Going over in my head how fast I have to go to make the jump. Then I push my feet off of the ground. Sprnting to the other side of the roof. I pass stunned faces, and swerve around random people. Until the buildng runs out from underneath me.Then i'm fallng, I turn to face the sky right as my feet leave the ledge. Everyone runs up to the ledge. Watching me fall. I catch Ryders face. A smirk spreads half way across his mouth. Obviously impressed. A laugh comes out of me as I plumet into the darkness. I shout throwing my fist up. He mimicks me throwng his into the air. Then he's gone.

        The darkness engulfs my vision. I'm unsure of how long I've been fallng. Until I hit hard on a bouncy surface. Sending me back up. My arms and legs flail around looking for something to grab onto. My body turns in the air. I land face first on a rope net. Busting my lip with my teeth. The net tilts down causing me to roll to the side. I hit something hard and I look up. Infront of me is Ezra. One of the teachers of the initiates. He glares at me. Or atleast I think he does. It might just be his face. He grabs my arm pulling me off the net just as the next jumper drops.

"What your name?" He asks me.

"El." I answer

"First jumper...El." He yells out. The other dauntless cheer. He turns back around helping the second jumper off the net. He glances up at me. A smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Welcome back." He says. The other Dauntless pull me to a different side of the room. We watch the rest of the jumpers. To my surprise Bellamys one of the first to jump. He bounces gracefully on the net. Laughing as Ezra helps him off. He stumbles towards me. His eyes huge with excitment.

"That was amazing!" He says. Holding up his hand. I give him a high five. He holds my hand maybe a little to long. But it doesn't bother me. Instantly his smile fades. His eyes lock on my lips, and for a moment. I can't breath. The longer he stares the more uncomfortable I become. He raises his hand to my lips. As his fngers touch a pain shoots through me.

"You're bleeding." He says. Showing me the blood on his finger tips. Instantly I lick my lips, The crimson liquid coverng my taste buds. I had forgotten about busting my lip when i fell.

"I'm fine!" I say back. " I just bit it on the way down. Although he still looked concerned, he just nodded his head turning towards the net to see the last jumper. An erudite boy. After Ezra helps him off the net he seperates us into two groups. One Dauntless born, one Dauntless initiates.

"Okay listen up!" Ezra shouts. "These are the people you'll be spending the next couple of weeks with. They are your friends, Your enemy's, and your competition." I look around. i'm familar with all the Dauntless faces. Although i've only ever talked to a few of them.

"During your training you will be put in rankings. At the end of your training your rank will determine the type of job you will be assigned. So work hard, Buld your skills, And test your opponents." His eyes meet me. A stare I'm afraid to break.

        Ezra's been an initiates trainer for probably three years. The only encounter i've had with him before this was pretty bad. I used to be quite a prankster. Probably a good reason why I don't have friends now. Ezra happened to get in the middle of one of my pranks. A pretty lame one i might  add. A bucket of water to the face. His gaze doesn't move from mine his dark eyes the same color as his skin. He's intimidating for sure.

"You're training starts now, good luck!" He says finally breaking his gaze. He brushes past quickly. Knockng me off my balance.

----

I hope you enjoyed it. this is just the beginning so things will get better.

Thank you for reading and please take the tme to vote comment and follow if you want

this chapter is unedited so if there were alot of mistakes i'm sorry i'll fix it when i have time to