Chapter: 5

When i finally make my way to the pit i’m still thinking about Bellamy but that’s quickly interrupted when when Ezra yells for me to get my head out of my ass. I try to be upset but i’m too excited for the training. Ezra starts showing us how to throw knives properly. He starts lining us up in front of the targets his hands carefully touch my hips and i can’t help but wonder why he’s being so gentle.

“Now.” He says quietly in my ear making me feel uncomfortable with him this close to me. “First you have to get your body in the right position.” he pulls back my shoulders. “Then you have to let loose you can’t be so stiff if you want it to hit the target.” I take a deep breath allowing my body too drop. “and finally.” He says even quieter. “Clear you thought and throw it.” I’m not sure why he’s telling me all this i’ve been practicing throwing knives my whole life but i listen to him anyways letting my mind go blank. I pull back my arm and throw the knife at the target landing right in the center. I smile proud of my own accomplishment. Ezra smirks patting me on the back hard. “Good job.” he says before walking over to the next student as i throw the next knife. I look at the other initiates and don’t see Clara in the mix The nurse said she’d be fine but i can’t help but feel bad for the poor girl.

After showing us different techniques for throwing knifes Ezra lets  us go early and i use the time to take a shower before i meet up with Bellamy. In the bathroom stands a floor length mirror my shower causing it to fog over from the heat. I slowly wipe my hand over the glass revealing my green eyes and red hair falling around my face crazily. I can’t help but think of Bellamy’s green eyes and how mine fail in comparison. I look away and finish wiping all the fog from the mirror.

My body stands awkwardly with my hair reaching down to just passed my butt and my not so skinny legs looking huge in front of me. I drop my towel and allow myself to look at my body in full. My hair falls in front of my breast and i just stare at myself. I never had to question it before but now that he’s in my faction i wonder if i’m good enough for him, or if he would ever even like me back. I sigh turning to the side and seeing the few stretch marks left from my puberty days stretching up my thighs. On any normal day i’d look at my self and see a strong confident women, but today things aren’t looking that positive. I see a figure pass behind me and i turn around to see who it is. One of the dauntless born boys stares back at me with wide eyes. i stare back with a blank face and he eventually walks away repeating ‘sorry, sorry, sorry’ and shielding his eyes as he leaves. I turn back around to the mirror and take one last glance at my self before picking the towel back up and pulling it over my body.

Just as i’m about to leave a girl walks in stopping me dead in my tracks i recognize her from training but i can’t be bothered to try and remember her name i just smile stepping back to allow her to pass. She looks me up and down before rolling her eyes and grunting passed me. Her reaction catches me off guard as i stare at the space she just left before turning around with attitude in my voice.

“Do you have a problem?” I ask rudley. She turns around quickly instantly in her battle position with her hands on her hips.

“Actually yeah i do.” She answers taking a step closer to me. I tense up instantly ready to take her on if i have to. “I see the way you act like your better than everyone else. Trying to get not only Ryder but Ezra on your side as well. You can’t sleep your way to the top sweetheart you actually have to have some kind of a talent.” My jaw drops in anger, i’m not sure where she’s getting her information but it’s obviously wrong and i’m more than pissed by this time wondering who the fuck she thinks she is to talk to me like that. I imagine grabbing her by the hair and bashing her head open on the sink but know that i’d get in too much trouble for starting a fight outside of training so i control myself. Instead i turn back towards the doorway flipping my hair in her face hoping she’ll get the hint and just fuck off before i break every bone in her body. “Walking away huh? Too scared? Yeah well just til it’s our turn to fight.” She pauses as i open the door turning back to glare at her. “I’m going to kill you!” She finishes crossing her arms in front of her chest. I smirk flipping her off before walking out of the bathroom and down the tunnels to the bunk room. I walk in angry letting my wet feet stomp all the way over to my bunk. I sigh super loud and dramatic as i drop my towel around my ankles and slip on a pair on black underwear.