Chapter: 4

Barely hitting her in the stomach. she bends over wincing in pain she doesn’t even move her hands from her face. I quickly kick her feet out from under her as she falls hard against the ground. She curls up in a ball, my first instinct is to kick her in the stomach but i stop myself. I see tears slide down her cheeks. My fist drop as a sigh escapes my throat i turn to walk away from her.

Ezra’s eyes meet mine ‘Do it!’ he mouths silently his arms crossed around his chest. i start to say no but before i can i fall face first on the ground. I try to catch my breath but a sharp pain kicks through my side. I roll over onto my knees looking at Clara through blurry eyes. Her stay covering her face although her expression isn’t the weak one from before she looks far more pissed now. I bounce to my feet swinging at her face but she manages to block it. With my other elbow i slam it into her face knocking her back onto the ground. My foot lands three hard kicks into her side Before sitting on top of her and slamming my fist into her face over and over again.

She tries to block but its useless she doesn’t have enough skill to fight back. I wait for ezra to call the fight as i continue to punch her on the ground but he doesn’t stop he just sits there.

“Stop!” Clara yells out through sobs but my fist doesn’t even hesitate.

“If you quit…” Ezra yells out. “Your punishment will be way worse.” Ezra says quietly i look from Clara to him his expression as blank as it was when we started. Clara sighs then i feel her body tense under mine as she nods her head. Giving me permission to finish the fight. I hesitate but only for a second as my fist lands hard against her face. Her body goes limp under under mine. I push up on my knees using them to stand i turn towards Ezra for his approval.

“Take her to the infirmary.” he calls out to me. “Next fight!” He continues. “Cody and Misa.”

I didn’t realize how heavy Clara would actually be until i had to lug her around through the Dauntless tunnels. There was no use in waiting for her to wake up it was lunch time and i was starving, plus she’d be out for at least another half an hour i was sure of it.

I arrive late to lunch most of the tables are full by now this is one of the few times i wish i had at least one friend i shuffle over to the only empty table left lucky i don’t have to carry on useless conversation with stupid people. Until a leg slings over the the bench beside me i allow a sigh to escape me as i look to see who it is and i’m greeted with this biggest small and pretty brown locks Bellamy sits beside me. I’d like to say he’s a sight for sore eyes but his blue and purple skins makes me cringe. His lips sit busted with bruises around his cheeks, his eyes are black and he looks like he’s recovering from a nosebleed.

“What the hell happened to you?” I ask dumb founded at his new appearance even though its clear what caused it.

“I got my ass kicked that’s what!” He takes a bite from his bread a huge smile plastered on his face.

“This bread taste horrible!” He says shoving another piece into his mouth, when he finishes he points at mine.

“You ganna eat that?” He ask looking at me for the first time since he sat down. I shrug pushing it over to him. He rips off a huge chunk moaning as it touches his taste buds. I lean against my elbow on the on the table watching his strange animalistic behaviors.

“I thought you said it tasted bad?” I question him only slightly interested in the answer.

“I didn’t mean it as it taste bad.” He answers his mouth still full. “It just doesn't taste happy.” He takes another bit. I stare at him confused.

“Happy?” I asked. Then i remembered the rumor of Amity slipping serum into their bread and a more important question comes to mind. “Why’d you leave Amity?” He smiles a huge smile, bread almost falling out of his mouth.

“I stopped eating the bread.” He swallows hard chasing it with a glass of orange juice.

“So its true then?” I ask. “They feed you the serum?” A sighs escapes his body.

“Everything taste so much better here.” He says avoiding the question. I look at him confused how can this taste better than things in Amity. They grow all their food fresh. When their hungry all they have to do is go into their back yard kill a cow and grab a potato. Everything here is frozen and re cook.

“It has to taste better than this?” I say motioning to the creamed corn on the table which looks like its been sitting out for days. He also points to it.

“Do you want that?” He asks. I roll my eyes pushing the food over to him. Before laying my head on the table watching him enjoy the food i was in such a hurry to get to. Watching him eat however has made not so hungry anymore. “Ya know El?” He says randomly. “Perfect isn’t always better and thats all Amity is, perfect.” Once he’s finished the cream corn he moves onto the grapes. I sneak a few before he can get them he just glares at me and i smile throwing one into my mouth.

“So if it was so ‘perfect’ why didn’t you like it?” He stops eating for a second his eyes glazing over as if trying to think of the best possible way to answer this simple question. His green eyes flicker around the room avoiding mine. Then as if he finally figure it out his head snaps over to me, serious and intense  i’d never seen his face look anything but happy so this sudden change kind of scares me.

“Everything about that place.” His voice comes out as if he’ in pain. “It was so smothering. The people the clothes even the air. I had to get away.” He finishes putting another grape into his mouth. I sit slowly wanting to ask more questions but before i can the bell that signals lunch is over rings. “What that mean?” Bellamy asks.

“Lunch is over.” I fake a smile pushing up from the table. Bellamy grabs my hand to me off of the bench even though i don’t need it i accept it.  We walk side by side down the Dauntless hallway although wearing the same color we stand differently as he walks with such joy in his steps and i hold my head up high ready for anything. I love him for that reason, he’s good and always will be. When it’s time to go our separate ways we stand in the middle of the tunnel as the awkward silence sets in.

“Um.” i finally say. “Wanna meet after training?” i continue patting him on the shoulder for absolutely no reason and immediately regretting it. He looks at my hand on his shoulder and i quickly pull it away.

“Why?” He asks confused

“Um just a surprise.” I say as cheerfully as possible. I start to back down the tunnel waving towards Bellamy. He laughs before turning the opposite way and disappearing from my sight. I turn around sighing loud at my own embarrassment. ‘why why why’ i repeat as i hit my self on the side of the head. I stop mid step looking up towards the ceiling holding my head in my hands. ‘why do you have this effect on me?’ i turn back around to look at where Bellamy just stood. ‘you make me weak’.

-------

Thanks for reading sorry for any mistakes i made. Please feel free to comment vote or even follow if you!