seven

another week passed with them doing the same thing. he would come on his bike early in the morning, she would wait for him, sometimes she wouldn't enter a bus until he came, they'd just get closer and exchange smiles, then they would wait the whole day at college to meet while going back home, he'd take a cab to the bus stop and they'd go together.

but they never spoke. she knew his tactics. she had seen him park his bike and was really happy to know that he--maybe--felt the same way for her the way she did. but she never told him that she knew that he used to come on his bike and later on by cab to the bus stop just to travel with her.

it was another dull day. the roads were somewhat dry but it would rain soon.

he had not come to the bus stop that day. she had missed two buses already and couldn't afford to miss another bus. she had an assignment to submit that day.

as she got onto the bus that had come, she saw him running from the back.

he thought he had seen her but was still not confirmed about it. yet, he ran and entered the bus on time.

looking at the seats ahead, he saw nobody. she always sat on the reserved seats for women when they were vacant. there were many seats vacant but she wasn't there. sad that he had missed her, he took a seat behind and buried and caught up on his breath.

that's until a girl cleared her throat. he looked to see that it was her eating a cadbury. she had actually sat down behind so that she could be with him. he was lost for words seeing her as he always did but she only smiled.

both were scared to say or do anything. they just enjoyed the warmth of their arms touching and the fact that they were together.

however, she wanted him to say something. anything. while he waited for her to do the same.

     a few minutes later both their hands crawled onto each other slowly and gradually making their hearts pound inside their chests.

     they were holding hands and that was everything.