After letting Kaminari chase him around for a bit, he'd slid forward in a flash, his leg jutting out and tripping his attacker over, Kaminari landing in a heap with another disgruntled shout.

Aizawa, unknown to them at the time, had been watching from the staffroom window, and came out holding three detention slips, announcing that fighting in the yards was forbidden, that we were to come to his classroom on our next lunchbreak.

So here they were, spending their lunch with the strictest teacher in the school.

Yet again.

Kirishima dropped his eyes from the ceiling to Bakugou, who was lounged a few seats to his left, behind Kaminari.
Bakugou had his arms folded on the table, head resting on top of them, and his eyes closed.
The window shined the afternoon light onto his pale hair like a golden halo, and Kirishima found himself grinning at the irony.

Bakugou's eyes opened then, crimson irises meeting Kirishimas' scarlet ones.

Expecting Bakugou to either scowl or look away, Kirishima just grinned wider, his lips pulled back over sharp teeth, but Bakugou didn't do either of those things.
He simply stared, blinking slowly, eyes flickering down to Kirishimas' smile for a moment, then back up to meet his eyes. Kirishimas' smile faded, and he found himself unable to do anything but stare back, their eyes locked.
He could feel the pace of his breathing picking up rapidly, and heat rising to his cheeks, but he still couldn't bring himself to look away.

After a few long moments, one corner of Bakugous' mouth went up ever so slightly before his eyes slid shut again.
Kirishima could feel his heart pounded unreasonably fast, his grip on the side of the table tightening.
Bakugous' calm expression was still glued behind his eyelids every time he blinked.

What the fuck was that?! Kirishima thought, folding his arms onto his desk and laying his head on top of them in a mirrored position to Bakugou's, the heat in his cheeks still flaming under his skin.
He couldn't help himself, he continued staring at Bakugou, losing himself in his thoughts of how Bakugou was so goddamn beautiful when he didn't have his usual scowl adorning his face.

Well... if Kirishima was honest with himself... he was beautiful even then.

His dark eyelashes were long and thick, the kind that girls would complain about due to their wish of having them themselves.
His ivory skin was utterly flawless, not a single blemish or freckle in sight, and his lips were full, his cupids bow perfectly defined.
His hair looked so soft, and was so full of life, standing up in a way that Kirishima could only dream his hair would naturally sit, rather than having to spend an hour each morning gelling them into careful spikes.

If it weren't for his aggressive attitude towards his fellow students, Kirishima had no doubt that Bakugou would be as sought after as Todoroki.

Bakugou's eyes opened then, raising an eyebrow slightly when he noticed that Kirishima was still staring.
Kirishima felt his face flush hotly again, but since Bakugou didn't appear annoyed, he didn't look away just yet.
Bakugou's lips curled into a small smirk, his eyes unusually soft, before he turned and buried his face into his arms.

Kirishima couldn't, or rather didn't bother to, fight the gentle sigh that slipped from his lips, before finally looking away, again mimicking Bakugou's movement as he buried his face into his arms.

When detention was over, Kirishima walked beside Kaminari out of the room, heading to the English room where Yamada-sensei would be waiting to teach his class.

Bakugou passed them quickly, bag slung over one shoulder and shoulders hunched up so far they were nearly at his ears.
Before long, he had disappeared from sight.

"What a pain," Kaminari drawled, his pace sluggish as he dragged his feet, "If Bakugou would just learn not to be such a damn ass all the time, he might actually have some friends. Why does everything have to be a fight with him?!"

Kirishima sighed, fighting the urge to clip his friend over the back of the head.
"He's not that bad dude, you just don't understand him. He's actually pretty cool once you get to know him!" he said cheerfully, flashing Kaminari a toothy grin.

Kaminari rolled his eyes in response, shaking his head.
"Don't act like he isn't a dick to you too, he isn't capable of normal human interactions. It's like all he hears in his head is DIE, DIE, DIEEEE!"

Kirishima bit down lightly on his lower lip, glancing at Kaminari from the corner of his eye.
"You just..." Kirishima hesitated, "He's not like that all the time. He can actually be kinda nice, ya know."

Kaminari snickered.
"I'll believe it when I see it." He laughed, shaking his head again, before knocking Kirishima's shoulder lightly with his own and entering the English room.

Kirishima paused at the door, glancing over to where Bakugou sat by himself, his book open and his eyes glued to the pages, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he concentrated on what he was reading.
The rest of the class was chatting with someone, or had their phone out, all but him socializing in one way or another.

Kirishima felt his frown deepen slightly as a plan began to form in his brain.

All at once, his mind was made up, and after plastering his usual wide grin on his face, he pranced into the classroom and plopped down beside Bakugou, opening his book and looking up at the board.

Bakugou jumped slightly, his mouth opening like he was about to complain, but before he had a chance, Yamada bounced into the classroom, his booming voice demanding everyone's immediate attention.
Bakugou shot Kirishima a confused glare, before sighing and turning back to the teacher.

Kirishima grinned to himself.

He had a feeling this was going to be fun.