RED ANTHURIUM

[the anthurium means "happiness"]

JUNHUI sat uncomfortably on his bed, his legs losing blood circulation making them feel numb from sitting cross-legged for too long and his head weighing down on his hand which was meant to be helping support it. yet, he didn't complain. instead, he watched his boyfriend who was busily sketching away from behind the canvas, taking a glance at JUNHUI every now and then.

JUNHUI admired him. he admired how his boyfriend's face scrunched up slightly in full concentration and then relax it at times when sees his sketch slowly coming together, JUNHUI admired how he would run a hand through his black locks, moving stray hairs from his face, how sometimes when he looked at JUNHUI he would stare a second too long and get back to work as if nothing happened and think JUNHUI didn't notice. but he did.

JUNHUI: you know, you're really pretty.

MINGHAO: [scoffs.] yeah, as if you haven't been saying that to me for the whole time i've been drawing.

JUNHUI: but it's true!

MINGHAO: shush and I think the actual pretty person is you, considering i'm drawing you.

JUNHUI: I beg to differ.

MINGHAO: shut up, I'm almost done.

JUNHUI listened to MINGHAO, becoming quiet keeping an affectionate smile towards the younger, resting on his face.

MINGHAO: [sketches a couple more strokes.] and...- done.

JUNHUI: [sigh of relief.] ah, my legs. I can't feel them. [falls back onto the bed.]

MINGHAO: oops, sorry. are you okay? [walks towards JUNHUI.]

JUNHUI: yeah, I just need to get some feeling back in my legs. [stays silent for a second.] hey, you never told me what the drawing is for.

MINGHAO: you wanna know?

JUNHUI: of course I do, you're putting me in the picture. it'd be nice to know what you're using it for.

MINGHAO: [chuckles.] it's for my assignment.

JUNHUI: oh? what's the topic?

MINGHAO: the topic? [JUNHUI nods.] well, it's- [admires JUNHUI.] it's real beauty.

JUNHUI: [looks at MINGHAO and grins.] why, thank you. [pulls MINGHAO down to lie next to him.]

MINGHAO: you're not going to deny it?

JUNHUI: why deny it when I know I'm beautiful already.

MINGHAO: you're really something. [both laugh and then pauses. the two cuddle into each other.]

they stayed like that for a while, basking in each other's presence. it was nice, comfortable, maybe even perfect.