After an hour of silence inside the car, we finally reached the house. I eagerly entered, Claire opening the front door. "Welcome home, Dr. and Mrs. Bateman." They all greeted in unison but I was in a hurry to be away from Caius, I totally and unconscious ignored them as I walk inside the room.

I closed the door shut and quickly head the bathroom, unzipping my dress in the process as it slides down my body and I just kicked it off my feet then stood under the shower head. I turned it on and steam immediately takes over. Everything that happened tonight is insanely shocking and I'm really angry right now.

Maybe a nice shower will help me relax a bit and settle everything.

Inhaling and exhaling.

Once I was done, I stepped out of the shower room before heading towards my closet. I just put on some clean oversized shirt and pyjamas. I dried my hair using my towel then head back to the bedroom. Just in time, Caius entered, his presence is still intimidating even if he is not doing anything. 

I gulped and tried to stand up straight. Putting on my strong face and so did he. He managed to look into me straight in the eye as he crossed his arms.

But I took the honour to speak first. "How did you know Lau?" That is what's bothering me the most of all.

Caius inhaled, his face still stoic. "Her Father used to be my patient."

I raised my eyebrow and waited for more information coming from him. "...and?"

"And that's all." He walks out and head towards the bathroom this time.

"No, that can't be all. The way she looks at you means more." I told him then tried to make him face me again by yanking his arm.

He removed my hand away from his and seriously glances at me. "That's all, don't ask anymore questions , Shanaya. She is just a patient's daughter who had an interest on me."

"How come you haven't told me that?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

Caius tsked "Do I have to? She is just nothing, Shanaya, so stop bragging her name again in this." His eyes flared then stomped towards the bathroom, leaving me be.

How rude.

He could have told me in the first place! I mean, there is nothing wrong if he says that he knew Lau.

I let out a loud sigh then shakes my head before groaning loudly. That man totally knows how to give me different emotions! He could make my heart summersault in anger or in happiness.

I jumped towards the bed and checked my phone. It's already midnight.

Time to go to bed and relax my mind.

I covered my body with the sheets and face the opposite sides from Caius. I don't want to deal with him right now especially with that mood. He looks so angry when I asked that thing about Lau. I'm just curious! Nothing is gonna happen wrong if he just told me sooner.

It took several minutes before Caius finished. I cannot see his movements behind me but I can smell his natural scent mixed.

His side of the bed dipped and he lies down. The wall between us starting to rebuild itself.  I know there are many things he can't tell me but nothing like this. I am concern if he is somehow related to Lau, that it is not just Gale who is pulling the trigger to his anger.