And with an hour left to go till they got to the zoo, that was the last thing she wanted.

The small girl nods her head and reaches for the changing bag that was on the seat next to her. She makes quick work of grabbing the iPad and headphones, and as she situates herself with one of the many games, she could feel her eyes beginning to droop.

Lauren smiles in success and continues the drive in silence. It takes a while because of traffic, but soon enough, she's pulling into the zoo parking lot. She pays admission, and as soon as she's parked, she's quick to get out of the car and make her way round to the back.

"Sweetheart, it's time to wake up" she says quietly as unbuckles Camila's seatbelt, bringing her hand up to cup her cheek and soothingly stroke her thumb across the soft skin.

The young girl stirs at the touch, a soft whimper escaping her lips as she flickers her eyes open and looks around, "we here?" She asks she brings her hand up to tiredly rub at her eyes, her voice hoarse from lack of use.

"We sure are baby. Do you need a change before we go in?" Lauren asks as she puts away the iPad and headphones before zipping the bag up.

Camila shakes her head, "no mama" she mumbles with a soft sigh.

Lauren nods and eases her out of the car, "alright, which animal do you want to see first?" She asks, taking her smaller hand before locking the car and making her way towards the entrance.

Still feeling a little sleepy and not so enthusiastic yet, Camila simply shrugs her shoulders in reply, "dunno mama, maybe the elephants" she murmurs with a yawn.

"We can do that, look, they're over there" Lauren says as she points off into the distance with her free hand, being able to spot the animal from feet away just from the shear size of it.

Camila's eyes widen as looks where her mama was pointing, and without hesitation, she was taking off towards them. She dodges the people that were in the way and no sooner can she blink, she was standing in front of them unable to wipe the grin off of her face as her hands come up to tightly grip onto the fence.

There were several of them in the large enclosure, both adults and baby's, and it was a sight that left her in awe.

"Camila, please don't do that" Lauren scolds as she reaches the youngster, resting her hand on her shoulder.

Camila reluctantly rips her attention away from the elephants, "sorry mama" she apologises in a quiet whisper as she looks down at her feet, "just exited" she adds with a small shrug, hoping the woman wasn't mad at her.

Lauren sighs, "It's alright, just don't run off again okay? The last thing I want is for you to get lost" she says with a smile, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead, "Do you know how many elephants there are?" She asks as she brings her attention away from Camila and to the large animals in front of her.

The youngster grins and nods, "four mama. A mommy, a daddy and two baby's" she replies.

She knows that may not be strictly true as she didn't really know how to specify genders with elephants, but that's what she was going to assume from what she could see.

"Such a clever girl" Lauren praises, taking note of Camila's soft blush at her words, "why don't we go see the giraffes? They're just over there" she says as she takes Camila's hand again, gesturing just to the left with her head.

Camila nods happily as she tightly grips onto her mama's hand, allowing herself to be led over to the left, "woah" she murmurs when they stop outside the enclosure with the giraffes in, "so tall mama" she says excitedly as she jumps up and down, not taking note of the funny looks being sent her way.

Lauren chuckles, "I see baby." She says, "why don't we go see another animal? Look, the koalas are over there. Wouldn't it be nice to go meet them?" She asks, sending her own glare to the people who were staring at them.

Thankfully, they seem to get the message and bring their attention to elsewhere.

"Okay mama." Camila easily agrees, "up?" She asks hopefully as she forces them both to come to stop. Her legs were beginning to ache and whilst she knows the chance of the woman agreeing to carry her in public was low, she could at least ask in hopes she would take pity on her.

"Baby, I can't" Lauren replies sadly, her heart immediately breaking when Camila nods and looks dejectedly down at her feet, obviously expecting this very answer, "why don't I give you a piggy back instead?" She asks after a second, knowing this was the only way they could go about it.

Camila looks up and nod her head, wiping away the single tear that had escaped and fallen down her cheek.

Smiling softly and placing a kiss onto her head, Lauren turns around and crouches down, waiting for the youngster to climb on and get situated before standing up straight again.

"Alright, lets go reunite you with your own kind my little koala " Lauren says with a grin as she begins to walk over to the koalas enclosure, her hands placed firmly underneath the youngsters thighs keeping her upright.

Camila giggles at her mama's words and nods. She was having so much fun!

**

Tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 210 votes!

Thank you for reading my lovelies!! 💜