02 | Date Night

Soft, pop music emitted from the phone set on the bedside table, playing through the second bedroom of the shared apartment in National City. Clarke danced around the room, occasionally ranging from awkward dance moves to moderately graceful ones that even surprised herself. Her dance moves momentarily paused for her to pull her skinny jeans up her legs before she continued to glide around her bedroom, quietly singing along to the song under her breath.

The black, cropped shirt Clarke picked out from her closet was soon covered up by her yellow, leather jacket. A new song came on shuffle, earning a slight wrinkle of her nose. She bounded over to her phone, swiping her finger along the screen to change the song. A grin replaced the grim expression on her face once she saw what the next song was.

"Perfect," Clarke muttered to herself. She set her phone back down on the bedside table and walked over to the full-length mirror leaning up against the opposite wall. "Did I just hear an alarm start ringing..." She sang along.

Her lips pursed as she examined her reflection in the mirror, fingers running over the materials of her outfit. A small breeze wafted in her bedroom through the partially opened window, cracked open just enough for Clarke to feel the crisp weather on her skin, helping her plan her outfit for the night. The whole wall behind the mirror was covered with small, square windows from the ceiling and halfway down the wall.

Clarke's hands straightened out her jacket, head tilting to the side to examine the whole outfit better. The only dilemma she had now was to figure out what pair of shoes she thought would match best and, most importantly, cover up her Superman printed socks.

Through the small gap of her bedroom door, the sound of someone knocking on the apartment door carried all the way to Clarke's ears. Curiosity getting the best of her, knowing she didn't expect anyone, she edged closer to the door, wanting to know who was knocking on their door at this time of night. Straining her ears, she heard Alex Danver's voice carry around the apartment walls after Kara opened the door. A soft smile slipped on Clarke's lips at the sound of her best friend's foster sister.

Since Clarke and Kara met in high school, both sixteen, the two became inseparable, quickly becoming best friends with each other. Clarke nearly grew up in the Danver's household when she wasn't in her own house. Not much time passed afterward that Alex saw Clarke as another younger sister, bonding easily with her. Clarke didn't have her own siblings and Alex quickly welcomed her into their life, soon treating her the way she treated Kara.

"-- have a conference in Geneva and I need to be on a plane in two hours," Alex announced to her sister in an exasperated, but loving tone.

Excitedly, Clarke skipped out of her bedroom with an empty glass in her hand with her full intention of refilling it with water and greeting Alex with a warm welcome. She smiled at the two sisters by the doorway as she made her way to the kitchen.

"And I have a blind date in half an hour and I need you to help me pick out what to wear," Kara replied, grinning. "I win."

Alex heaved a heavy sigh, realizing her sister wouldn't let her win this discussion and just head to the airport like she planned on originally doing. She stepped through the doorway of the apartment, fully giving in. "Why do you do this to me?" She waved her hand through the air toward the other brunette standing by the kitchen sink, refilling her glass with water. "Why can't Clarke help you? Isn't that what roommates are for?"

At the sound of her name, Clarke spun around once her glass was full and the faucet was swiftly shut off with a tap of her right hand. Her eyebrows rose in alarm, curious to know why her name was suddenly being thrown around the room. She glanced back and forth between the two sisters, confused.