I Always Liked You

Jackie is with her children in the private residence. The antique grandfather clock that hung on the wall lets out a dong 7 times, indicating it was 7 o'clock in the evening.

"Is daddy gonna come for dinner tonight?" Caroline asks with wide blue eyes. "He hasn't in a long time."

"He's going to try, baby." Jackie says combing her fingers through her daughters blonde locks.

After last nights heated kitchen encounter, husband and wife had retired to their bedroom (where they continued their impulsive intimacy). The rest of the night was blurry in Jackie's memory. The bits and pieces she did remember brought color to her cheeks. Jack sure did know how to make her weak. It was still dark and barley morning  when Jack's warm lips were kissing her forehead goodbye. It was a rude reminder that the crisis was still roaring, and Jack was being called.

She hadn't seen him all day, but prayed he could get away, just for dinner. She wanted to see him. Last night he had really opened up, and she was beginning to feel his honesty again.

Jackie was finally beginning to wrap her head around her husband's complex emotions. Maybe he is in love with her. Maybe he is ready to change. The passion and sorrow she felt in his voice was unmistakably real. Still, doubt fueled by her insecurities lingered in her mind.

Could he really commit to a flat-chested flop like me?

Jackie is awakened from her thoughts when she hears the elevator ding. Jack steps out with outstretched arms as his children trample him.

"Daddy, you made it!" Caroline squeals as she wraps her arms around her fathers neck. John jr screeches with laughter as Jack spanks him on the bottom. Jack then makes his way over to Jackie, who has been watching the scene with her arms behind her back and a massive smile on her face.

"Hey you." He grins with deep, husky voice.

"Hi." Jackie says, her voice sounding childish and smitten.

Jack pecks her lips before bringing her into a gentle embrace. They remain there, Jackie with her hand stroking Jack's hair, and Jack with his hands nearly grazing her rear, until Jackie feels a tug on her dress.

"Mummy," Caroline looks up at her. "Can you finish up? We're really hungry."

Both Jack and Jackie let go and burst out laughing.
"Ok, baby. Help your brother wash up and then it's up to the table."

...................................................................

After a quiet dinner and tucking the children in, Jackie is lounging on the couch in the dimly lit living room.

"Thank you for making time for the kids. They missed you." Jackie smiles at her husband as he plops down beside her.

"God, I missed them." He says putting an arm around her. She leans into him. "I'll probably have to go back down to the oval soon."

"This late?" Jackie asks sitting up.

"Yeah, a wire from Khrushchev is due sometime tonight. Besides, I didn't get much done today."

"Why?" Jackie pouts, putting a hand on his cheek.

"I couldn't stop thinking of you." He groans. He leans into her and kisses her neck. "You've been driving me crazy."

"Me?" Jackie giggles.

"Yes you." He places a soft kiss just below her ear.

"I find that hard to believe."

"Why's that?" Jack responds. He looks at her intently, stroking her cheek.

"I've just never been the kind of girl who, you know, drives men crazy that's all." She says shyly.

Jack shakes his head. "You're beautiful, Jacqueline."

"I thought you've always liked curvy blondes." She needles.

"I've always liked you." He corrects her. "And I wouldn't want you any other way." His hand trails down her side as he takes in her slim figure with a hungry expression. She giggles. He puts his lips on hers and she smiles against them. It's funny how his words could erase her insecurity in a second.

It isn't long before his tongue is pushing in her mouth and his hand is up her dress. Finally Jackie pulls away .

"Jack," she pants. "You have to go back down to the-"

She is cut off by Jacks lips against hers. "I have time." He breaths.

"The president is needed right now." She laughs pulling away once more.

"I don't want to be the president right now.
Just let me be your husband. Now let me kiss you."

She giggles.

He lays back on the couch and pulls her on top of him, causing her to squeal against his lips. Straddling his hips, she begins to softly grind into him, fueling his desire. He begins to grope her rear and kiss her harder. Just as he was about to suggest they move the party into the bedroom, he hears a gasp.

"Good heavens I'm sorry!" Maud Shaw, the at-home Nanny, chokes out.

Jackie sits up, covers her mouth with her hands, and turns bright red. Jack on the other hand simply chuckles.

"Don't worry about it Miss Shaw." Jack says, but Maud is already scurrying down the hallway in embarrassment. Jack and Jackie meet eyes and are quickly overtaken by laughter.

"Oh, the poor old prude," Jackie snickers. "She's probably never seen anyone kiss before!"

"Let's just be thankful it wasn't Caroline. She would've put us in our place." Jack remarks laughing.

Jackie gets off of Jack. "Well, I guess you better be going." Jackie says fixing his tie.

"Yeah, I guess I better." Jack gets up with a groan and heads for the elevator.

"Do you want me to wait up for you, bunny?"

"No, I know how to wake you up." He winks.