12: It's Five O'clock in the Morning

Start from the beginning

Although I didn't want to walk in the rain especially alone, I couldn't have Jacob feel like he has to drive me. He might have something to do before school starts but then has to drive me and turns up late for whatever it was because of me. And if everyone sees me getting out of the car with Jacob, people would start to notice me, something completely out of my comfort zone. Layla is popular but she knows how I feel about being the center of attention so she tries to bring as little attention to us as she can when we talk.

'I do'

'No you dont it's a long drive I dont want to take time from you' I responded and sent the message shaking my head even if I knew he couldn't see me.

'I know I dont have to, I want to' was his reply then he added a moment later, 'I'm going to walk into your house and kidnap you in my car if I have to'

But his first reply was enough to stop me from giving a list why he shouldn't pick me up and drive me to school as something settled in the pit of my stomach, most likely gratitude.

'Why are you awake?' I asked instead of arguing further.

'Couldn't sleep I think I had too much candy, you?'

I smiled at that as my mind flashed back to when we had returned to my house with our bags of candy, ice cream, and soda. When we had walked through the door the guys were laughing at something Max had said and were already eating some candy. It turned out while me and Jacob had gone to he store, Max walked the short distance to his house and grabbed some candy he had stashed from his parents. This only meant we had twice as much candy, plus the ice cream so after we were done watching the game we were all pretty hyper and it had thankfully got my mind off of Aiden. Everyone had eventually left my house, though it was almost nine thirty and I had started getting a little nervous that my father would come enter the house any second, meet the boys and greet Jacob, then when the house is clear of anyone else, beat me. But thankfully he hasn't even returned home.

'Me too'

Me and Jacob had continued talking for the remainder of the two hours we had until we needed to get ready for school.

⋆⋆⋆

As I was tying my converse I looked outside my window where there was splashes of the rain water from outside. I heard the storm wouldn't let up until the end of the week, I got up and walked down stairs to the washer and dryer because I had done a load the night before.

Opening the door I let it swing shut behind me as walked to the dryer and pulled out a sweater. A loud bang of thunder interrupted the peaceful pats of water on concrete, and I quickly faded the sweater for a jacket when I heard thunder from outside.

As I was swinging on my jacket, someone had ripped it from my hands then wrapped their arms around me from behind and started dragging me out of the room.

I had screamed thinking it was a robber or my father.

The person laughed wholeheartedly. "Shh, it's Jacob," he said before he lifted me up so feet weren't skidding on the floor and only a couple of inches above the it instead.

I pushed at his arms wrapped around my waist, trying to get out of grip. "Let go of me," I said after giving up and concluding he was much more stronger than me.

"I told you, I was going to kidnap you if I had to and you weren't coming out when I honked," he responded.

I shook my head, "I didn't hear you, so if you can let me go it would be great," I said as he opened the front door then closed it. He kept one arm around me and the other over my head as an effort to kept me dry. He dropped me on the passenger seat and closed my door after warning me to buckle myself. He walked around the car and started it then turned on the heater. I rested my head on the headrest as silence took over the car, but it was comfortable.