Chapter 16

*Laura's pov*

Whoa! What on earth did Chelle just say? Did I hear that right?

"Oh um, w-we didn't tell you?" Chelle mumbled. "H-Harry and I u-used to date."

Harry coughed awkwardly and looked down running his fingers through his curls. I stared at Chelle as she spoke and glanced at Harry every second and turned to look at Chelle.

"C'mon Laur, why are you looking at us like that?" Harry frowned. "You realize she said used  to date?" Harry raised an eyebrow but still had this scared look on his face.

Everyone turned silent glancing at each others, they know about it too. Of course they do, they've been all friends for decades.

"Yeah I mean it's okay it's just that, how come I just knew? Like w-why didn't you tell me before?" I asked out of curiosity.

I felt really scared suddenly. Why the hell do I feel scared? I mean, Harry and I literally just became a thing yesterday so I shouldn't have these doubts at all.

"We didn't tell you because it was a long time ago and we didn't think it was a big deal at all honestly, Laura." Harry reasoned with a serious look on his face.

"Yeah but....."

"If it makes you feel any better, we didn't even know you back then! Not that you don't know obviously. Come on Laura, why are you making such a big deal out of this?" Harry sighed.

I felt like a complete fool right now. Everyone was staring at me like a weirdo for making a fuss about something that is obviously nothing. I sucked in a long deep breath trying to hold back tears and reduce the feeling of crying.

"I'm not I swear it's just new news and it suddenly came out like that and I-I was just shocked I didn't mean to, I'm-I'm sorry." Just as these words left my mouth, Harry engulfed me in his arms.

"It's okay you're right, it is something very shocking and you just knew about it accidentally. It's not your fault." Harry assured me and I immediately wrapped my arms around him and kissed him.

I noticed Chelle let out a breath and smiled in relief. Everyone else started mumbling to each others in a very low tone as Harry and I pulled away from each others.

"Alright then guys. To Harry and Laura, the newest couple!" Nick cheered raising his glass.

Everyone cheered at that as the room finally filled again with noise killing the horrible, tense silence.

I glanced at Liam as he didn't join the others. He just sat there blankly staring at the walls with his drink all by himself. I frowned a bit wondering what was wrong with him, but I thought I'd shake it off and ask him about it later. I don't want to ruin the moment.

Chelle winked at me and I smiled at her happy that she didn't get mad at me for my over exaggerated response about her and Harry's former relationship. I glanced at Liam once more to find him in the same exact state looking depressed not communicating with anyone at all.

I sighed. I must find out what's wrong with him. But I won't bother myself too much with this. At least not right now.

.............................................................

"Here we are, babe." Harry kissed my cheek as he parked in front of my house.

I sighed.