Chapter 28

*Harry's pov*

I was a crying mess when I got home. All I kept thinking about was Laura. How could she do that? She meant the world to me. To be honest, she still does. Yes that's how much I'm in love with her. I find out something terrible and I still love her so much. That's what hurts the most. And Liam, I'm never to forgive that bastard ever in my life. So much for a best friend. Could this probably be the reason of his depression, it definitely is.

I recieved maybe a thousand missed calls, voicemails and text messages from Laura. I just couldn't answer her or at least text her back, it's just too hard. I heard all of the voicemails. Her voice was almost completely gone and she was a crying mess. They were all definitely just apologies and her telling me that Liam was lying, and that she loves me, but....

Does she really?

Of course there are times where I hesitated whether to call or text back, but I just don't have the courage. Or I just really do not know what to say. Of course I had other calls from the others but I just simply ignored them. I even had one from Dylan. A few minutes later, Gemma came barging in my room with a mix of an angry and confused face expression.

"What happened?" She stood at the end of my bed with an attitude, her hands resting on her hips.

"What the fuck, Gem?" I protested.

"Dylan told me the whole thing, Harry. Now I want to hear your version of the story."

"And what does that have to do with you?" I huffed.

"I just want to hear both sides of the story and then see which one makes more sense, now spill it." She shrugged.

I knew that if I argued back, it will not end till the next morning and she'd end up winning anyway so I just gave in and told Gemma the whole scene that happened in front of my eyes and what was said to me. No more, no less.

"Well then this is all obvious. You're hundred percent wrong Harry. Because you didn't even let her explain. You believed a completely wasted person and refused to hear what your girlfriend have to say. Yes, he was your best friend who you trust so much but you yourself knew that he was drunk all over his ass. Yes they say 'a drunken mind speaks a sober heart' or some shit like that but it speaks only the drunken person's heart only, not others. Liam is in love with Laura from the first day he met her yes, but Laura does not feel the same way about him, Harry. Put some sense in your mind! Don't forget that Laura was clueless about this too. And do not tell me how do I know all of that because I told you Dylan talked to Laura and that's what she told him, and to be honest she sounds pretty convincing."

I stayed silent for a moment taking in all of that. "But she said that she knew from a week and yet she didn't tell me." I pointed.

"I wouldn't have told you! She didn't because she knew that this will be your reaction. And just FYI Harry, it's not nice to be that new girl who is the reason for the end of a friendship that lasted years." Gemma spoke making a point.

"I don't know what to do anymore." I sighed.

"You want to make up with her, don't you?" Gemma asked.

"Of course I do, what kind of a question is that?" I spat.

"Then do both yourself and Laura a favor and call her back." She simply stated before stepping out of my room leaving me drowned in my own thoughts.

..............................................................

A few hours later, someone knocked on the door, but entered before I even speak. When the door was widely enough open for me to see, the last person I wanted to see right now was standing behind the door.