Prologue

Hey guys! So disclaimer, this is my very first story, and I've never written anything like this before. I am not a writer all in all so forgive me if it was somewhat
lame or if there were lots of filler chapters, since I've written this purely out of fun. Nevertheless, I truly hope you still enjoy it!

Hello. I'm Selena, I'm 16 years old and I live in Texas. I have an older brother called Dylan and a younger sister called Annie. Dylan is 18 years old and Annie's 6.

It was in the middle of summer, and I was sitting at home with my family having dinner.

We were all eating in silence with nothing but the sound of silverware clinking against each other.

I took a look at my parents only to find them giving each other weird looks while slightly glancing at me and my siblings.

This went on for a few minutes so I decided to put them out of their misery.

"Mom? Dad? Do you have something you want to share with us, maybe?"

My parents froze for a second with facial expressions like I just caught them in the act or something. My mother sighed and cleared out her throat.

"So guys, we have something important to tell you." My mother glanced at my dad. "Your father's company is branching out to Miami, and he has been selected to join the team that's going to be running things over there. We're moving in less than 2 months."

It was all three of us' turn to freeze in place from the news that was just dumped on us.

What the hell?

"Oh yeah Miami! They have beautiful beaches there and I love beaches!" Annie said excitedly.

"I can't believe this, what about my friends? What about my life here?" Dylan exclaimed.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, Dylan." My dad answered.

I didn't say anything as I let the news sink in for a bit. To be honest, it's not like I have anything or anyone here that I'm going to desperately miss or anything. You see, this was the summer of my freshmen year or high school. And I wouldn't say that it was terrible or anything, but to say that it was absolutely uneventful would be an understatement.

It was just not what I was expecting nor was hoping what high school was going to be like for me. So maybe, moving to Miami for sophomore year might be the second chance I needed to have a do-over.

But then again, it's still scary because Texas has always been everything I know and am used to.

I guess we'll see how this will turn out.

*in Miami*

"So this is it, our new place." My dad said as we entered through the front door of the house. I took a deep breath letting the fact that this is my new home sink in.

I was so overwhelmed yet I was feeling more excited than nervous, which I don't know if I should take that as good thing or a bad thing. I walked up to my new room to get myself acquainted with it, as I threw my backpack on the floor and plopped myself on my new bed.

This is it. This is going to be my new start and I am not letting it go to waste. I can feel it.

___________________________

EEP! First release. Hope you guys like it!