In My Element

I fix Mya's black Chanel parka around her and lift her up, settling her on my hip as she rests her little head on my shoulder.

"Mama," I hear Mya say lowly as I begin rubbing her back. "I sleep, mama." She whines and I kiss her forehead. "Mhm. Go to sleep, baby." I tell her as I look over at Beyoncé who's zipping up Vera's olive green Chanel parka around her little body.

"Ready?" I ask her and she nods as Vera rests her head on her shoulder. "You first." She says.

I walk out after Grizz and the cold New York air hits my face. I hold on to Mya even tighter when I realize it's snowing. I missed New York, but I definitely didn't miss the cold weather, much less the snow.

When I'm off the steps of the plane, I look up and see the black matted Maybach with my bodyguard Oliver standing next to it. When I'm near it, he opens the door for me and I hop in and thank him then he closes the door.

"No, mama." Mya whines as I lift her off me and settle her in her car seat. I pout and start buckling her in as her eyes flood with tears. My poor baby is tired. It's 3 AM and we just got to New York from California for thanksgiving. It's my family's turn this year.

"I know, bubby, it's okay. We're almost home then we can sleep all you want, I promise." I tell her as I finish buckling her up. I wipe her tears and kiss her forehead, taking her little tiny hand into mine after sitting back.

Just then the door opens and in hops Bey and Vera into the car. Bey buckles Vera up then gets herself situated. Once Oliver is situated in the front seat next to the chauffeur and Bey and I's teams are settled in the SUVs, we finally start our drive home.

"We didn't even get to talk on the plane cause we're both so tired." Bey says as she looks over at me. I chuckle and see the girls drifting off to sleep.

"Yeah. I loved your performance. You know just how much I love when you perform All Night." I tell her truthfully. She smiles and takes my hand into hers and places a soft kiss on it, making me blush.

"Thank you, baby." She tells me with a smile.

Before boarding the jet, we were at a Tidal event and Bey had an amazing performance. I didn't want to perform, simply because I'm feeling sick. My voice is super hoarse and this cough is tremendous so I really wouldn't have got anywhere.

About 25 minutes later, we make it to our penthouse in SoHo and we wake the girls up so we can dress them in their PJs. Our poor babies are so sleepy. I won't torture them and make them bathe before bed, just this once. Today was a rough day for all of us with all this running around, but I know this lifestyle must be rough on their little 3 year old bodies.

After we finally get them in their PJs, we tuck them in and they knock out as soon as they lay their heads on their pillows. We kiss them one last time before we walk out.

I take Bey's hand and lead her towards the kitchen.

"You're hungry?" She asks with a chuckle. I shake my head no and let her hand go as soon as we reach the kitchen.

Before going into the fridge, I take off my Versace Baroque print tribute coat and set it on the island, leaving me in my black bodysuit, black leggings, and my black thigh highs.

"Have a glass of wine with me. I need a minute to unwind before we sleep." I tell her with a dramatic sigh and she chuckles before sitting down at the island while taking her jacket off.

I pour both of a huge glass of our favorite wine then stuff it back in the fridge. I make my way over to her and set her glass in front of her while wiggling my way in between her thighs and standing there. Her hands immediately snake around my waist.

"I love you." She says softly while looking directly into my eyes. I smile and lean down, pecking her nose. "And I love you." I reply. She loosens her grip around my waist and I take a sip of my wine.

"What's tomorrow?" She asks. I smile. "Nothing! We get to do nothing for once, Bey." I tell her. She smiles. "How exciting. Just you, me, and the girls." She replies, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Mhm. In comfy clothes all day, no makeup on, messy hair. For the first time in what? Like 2 years, right?" I cock my head to the side slightly and she nods, going wide-eyed at the realization. We only get one week off. It's thanksgiving and it's our first long week break in 2 years. The last time we got this was around the girls 1st birthdays when we got 3 days off.

I move from between her legs and settle on her lap, making myself comfortable.

"That's crazy. But after this week, it's back to work mode. Double that. You got lots of studio time, right?" She asks me while stroking the side of my thigh. I nod.

"Yeah. Lots of studio time. I just need to finish this album. But, you got Ivy Park after this week?" I ask. I feel her nod. "Mhm. I could take the girls with me mostly, get them out your hair while you're in the studio. Are you writing or?" She questions.

"Not really. If something comes to mind, I'll write, but I mostly want to go through stuff I already have and put together the track list." I answer.

I slowly untangle her arm from around me and get up.

"Let's go to bed, baby. We're gonna sleep so good tonight." I tell her excitedly at the thought of possibly getting to sleep in.

"I'm waking up late! I'm waking up late!" Bey squeals as I throw our glasses in the sink. I'll wash those in the morning.

I laugh and grab both of our jackets before rushing upstairs with her trailing behind me.

When we make it to our bedroom, we quickly undress, brush our teeth, and hop in bed. I settle my head on her chest as she turns the lamp off.

"Thank God we got through another day. Thank you for helping me get through another day. We're going to have the best week off." Bey says as she rubs my back.

I smile into her chest. "Yes, we are. I love you. Goodnight." I reply back while closing my eyes. "Goodnight, baby. I love you too." I hear her say, making me smile again.

This is my 2nd favorite place in the world. 1st goes to when I have my daughters in my arms. I love being cuddled up all on Bey, though. I feel safe and immeasurable happiness. I'm in my element when I'm with her.

~~~~~~~~~

I love oneshot books because I can just spit out random thoughts that come into my head. I hope you like it. Comment and vote.

🌸💕