-chapter three-

mackenzie's pov

"Sir, I don't know what you're talking about," I insist, stepping away from him. "And what do you mean by 'powers'? I mean, that would be pretty cool if I could lift things with my mind, but I can't. Sorry, I gotta go. Catch you later!"

Gleefully, I whirl around and run down the stairs.

¥¥¥¥¥

"Cut!"

I turn around and head back up the stairs. Mike, the producer, nods at me. "Nice. You and Lauren have an interview with ABC7, so hurry downstairs to room C6 to get instructions."

I find Lauren in another room, just getting done shooting another scene.

"Mike says to go to room C6." I say, and she nods and grabs her purse to follow me to the elevator.

"Do you ever get nervous for interviews?" She asks me, as I press the elevator button.

"No, not really. You?"

"A little sometimes. I'm scared of what they're going to ask me in case I don't know what to say."

The elevator doors open, and we get on. Pressing floor C, I lean back on the elevator wall and pull out my phone.

"Crap," I suddenly remember, "Laur, I have to get my water bottle from upstairs still. Just go and I'll meet you there."

"Ok." The doors open, and Lauren gets off.

I take the elevator back up and grab my water bottle. Then I take the elevator back down. As I get off, I hurry down the hallway so I'm not late. I run down the hall and a door opens. A guy comes out, and I run straight into him.

"Woah, I'm so sorry," I say, stumbling backwards and brushing off my shirt. Looking up, I see a tall, cute dude in army gear. I assume that he's an actor for another scene, so I just push past him.

"Wait!" He calls after me, and I stop and turn around.

"Yeah?"

He stumbles with his words. "Y-you're Mackenzie, right?"

Giving him a funny look, I reply, "Yeah..."

"Oh. I'm Johnny...Lauren's sister-I mean, brother. L-lauren's my sister." His cheeks go red.

I laugh good naturedly at his stumble, and then the realization hits me and I stare at him. "Wait, WHAT?"

"Shh, I'm suprising Lauren. That's why you're having an interview. Keep it on the down low." He winks at me and then disappears back inside the room.

I stare after him. I guess that would explain his good looks, but that's him??

"Psst, Kenzie!" I whirl around and see Lauren beckoning towards me from a doorway. "They're waiting for you."

I resist the urge to shout, "Your brother's here!!" and just nod.

"Oh, right, sorry."

"Hi, Mackenzie," they say when I come in. "We're planning on doing a set tour, and then coming back here for a short interview. Does that sound ok?"

I nod slowly. "Uhh, y-yeah. Sorry I'm late, by the way."

"No problem at all. Let's get started, shall we?"

We do a pretty quick set tour, and then show our dressing rooms, and talk about our other filming locations and our trailers and how different they are.

Finally, they take us back downstairs to answer a couple of questions.

"First of all, Lauren and Mackenzie, what can we expect in this upcoming season?"

Lauren and I look at each other and giggle.

"Lots of drama. I mean, it's always drama filled, but there's extra drama. Lots of new revelations." I nod as Lauren answers the question.

"What are your guys' favorite parts of the show so far?"

"Like to film or just in general?"

The anchor smiles. "How about both?"

I grin. "I love filming the scenes where I have super powers. We go to a stunt area, and I've done tumbling and stuff since I was really little, so I don't need a stunt double. I love doing stuff like that."

"Me on the other hand..." Lauren interrupts, "I can't even do a cartwheel. It's kind of lame."

We both laugh.

The anchor asks a couple more questions about the show, and she says, "Let's talk about your lives. What's it like being only 15," she motions to me, "and 16, and being the most successful of your age? I mean, you go outside and everyone recognizes you! What's it like?"

Pausing to think for a second, I reply, "It's pretty unbelievable."

"Yeah," Lauren chimes in, "Like my brother left for the army and when he comes back, everything's going to be different."

johnny's pov

I'm listening to the interview from the room next door to where they are, waiting anxiously for my cue. The TV screen shows the whole exchange in front of me, and there are cameras watching my reaction.

"Yeah," Lauren chimes in, "Like my brother left for the army and when he comes back, everything's going to be different." I smile.

"Perfect segway into what I was going to talk about!" The anchor smiles. "Lauren, what's it like having your brother away from home? Do you still talk to him?"

Lauren nods vigorously. "Whenever I can. It's hard, I guess, but I knew he was going to go away for a while."

"Really?" The anchor looks suprised at this. "Was he planning on joining the military even when he was doing small roles in TV shows too?"

Chuckling, I remember doing smaller acting jobs here and there for TV commercials or movies. I wasn't very serious about it, but some people did remember them, I guess.

"Yup. He's been planning it since he was 12." Lauren nods sadly. "I miss him."

"When is he going to come visit?"

"Hopefully soon. He actually got discharged because of injuries, so he'll be coming home in a month or so."

The anchor turns towards Mackenzie. "Have you ever met Johnny before? Or you've just heard a lot about him."

I almost laugh out loud at Mackenzie's confused expression. I turn to the camera filming me and say with a grin, "We literally bumped into each other 5 minutes ago, so we informally met, I guess."

"I've never met him, nope." Mackenzie lies, and her face is a little more pink.

"Anyways," continues the anchor, "Your brother made national news because he's the youngest colonel in the entire US army history, since World War 1. How does that make you feel?"

Lauren's face lights up with a smile. "Very proud. I love him so much, and I'm just super proud of him."

The cameraman gestures for me to start moving towards the doors that separate the two rooms, and I oblige.

"Sorry," says the anchor, "When did you say your brother was coming home?"

"Uh, in about -"

A man makes the signal to open the door, and I step in just as Lauren is finishing her sentence.

-
-
-
-
-