Chapter 24: End

Nate looks confused. "Well, if you were there, I would like to know how I died. Then I'll remember my old life!" he says cheerfully. I like this new, cheery Nate.

"You took a knife... To the heart. Please remember." I plead.

His eyes shine an ice cold blue before going back to amber.

"Nicole!" he says. "How did you die?" he asks.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, utterly confused.

"You're kinda see through like me, I'm kinda dead, so, yeah. How did you die? Did Alice kill you? She's such a-"

"Nate! I didn't die! We drank a potion, Charlotte said a spell, and I'm here! I am not dead."

"We?"

"Charlotte and Nick."

"Them! Where are they?" he asks, looking around frantically for them.

"Follow me."

"Anything."

I lead him back to Nick and Charlotte. They both smile. "You're here!" Charlotte exclaims.

"Well, yes I am!" Nate says.

"How do we get him back to Earth?" I ask, interrupting their welcome back session.

Charlotte bites her lower lip, then looks to Nick.

"We say a spell then contain his soul in his bottle. We'll still see him out here, but he's gonna have mixed emotions constantly." he says.

"Oh, well, then let's go!" I say.

"I can try," Nick says, looking through the spell book.

"Ah, here the spell is." he says.

He says some weird spell, when Nate's normally amber eyes turn a dark blue, no brown, no purple.

"Nick, what'd that spell do?!" I yell. He holds up the bottle, which now contains an amber colored, feathery substance.

"This is his soul. Remember that he'll have some mixed emotions," he says.

Nick says a spell then we're back where we started.

"He'll also be a lot weaker." Nick says.

"Why couldn't we just shrink Nate and put him in the bottle to make dverything much easier?" I ask.

"Ha ha! It isn't that easy, Nikki," Nick says, patting me on the head. I roll my eyes.

"Let's walk," Nate says, more enthusiastic than ever. Mixed emotions. Those things are wonderful.

"Okay, since you're asking for it," Nick says, walking forwards.

"But I don't want to, I'm tired," Nate says. Wonderful.

"Having second thoughts about taking the easy way, Nick?" I ask. He flashes me a look and I put my hands up in a surrender.

"I would if I could, Nicole, but we've used too many spells on him today-"

"For your information, it was only two," I say, interrupting him.

"It's different for him, he's dead until I say a different spell and give him his soul back and he drinks a potion."

"Well say that spell and give him that potion!"

"Do you see a brewing stand around here?"

"No, but-"

"Exactly."

I roll my eyes once more before we try to encourage Nate to walk on.

"No, I'm- positive!" he says before he starts running right past us.

"What about now?" I ask, looking at Nate.

He just narrows his eyes, then we all run after Nate.

***

After a million moodswings, we finally make it to the walkway of the White Castle.

"Come on, Nate! You can do it!" I encourage him as his new mood is lazy. All of a sudden, he darts through the doors and walks into the Castle.

We settle Nate down in is room. I stay with him to make sure he doesn't go crazy on anything.

"You have to sit down, Nate! Nick will be right back with the potion!" I yell.

"But I'm excited and I want a cat!" he yells. I rub my temples and count to ten.

"Nate, sit down." I say slowly but firmly.

"Okay, mom," he says, sitting on his bed.

"What did you call me?" I ask, clearly annoyed.

"You heard me, I called you m-o-m,"

"I'm not your mother. I'm your friend. Girlfriend, in fact."

"No your not. Mrs. Piggles is my girlfriend!"

"Who the heck is Mrs. Piggles?"

"My piggy girlfriend. She likes to eat dirt."

"You're so wonderfully stupid right now."

"No I'm not, you are! Mrs. Piggles says you're acting weird."

"Says the boy with an imaginary piggy girlfriend."

"She's not imaginary, and don't say that in front of her. She won't like it."

I pause before yelling," Nick, where are you?!"

"Right here," he says, walking through the Nate's door and shutting it behind him.

"He said Mrs. Piggles is his girlfriend," I say. He rolls his eyes and walks over to Nate.

"Drink this," Nick says.

"Not before I get my lollipop," Nate tells him. This is comedy watching this.

"This is a melted lollipop."

"Really?"

"Yes, it tastes like... Coconut."

"Coconut, really Nick?" I whisper yell to him.

He shrugs.

"I like coconut." Nate says, taking the bottle from Nick.

Nick quickly whispers a spell as Nate's drinking the potion.

Nick returns back to normal, regular eyes, not tranclucent anymore.

"Where's Mrs. Piggles?" he asks, obviously out of it.

"It'll wear off in a while," Nick says.

"Mrs. Piggles left and went to the Upland with Mr. Porkers." I say slowly.

"Mrs. Piggles left?! For a sloppy piece of bacon?! She has sisters..." he says.

"Nate!" I yell with furrowed eyebrows.

"What! She does have sisters!"

"I'm your girlfriend Nate!"

"Oh yeah, you are," he says. I guess he's normal again. I hope.

I sleep peacefully and wake up to the bright sun. This is probably the best morning I've had in a long time. No knocks on my door, no bad guys seeking me out, it's just me, and only me. I like the feeling of it. Just me all alone. Having a peaceful morning.

I notice some type of drink on my nightstand. It comes with a little note. It says: Hot Choclate with Two Marshmellows- From Nate ;)

I smile and take the drink. Marshmellows? Never heard of them. But hot chocolate in the winter sounds good. Instep out onto my balcony and watch the sun melt the snow away. That reminds me of something. I don't have any problems anymore. It's just me, in a world by myself. I can finally just hang out with my friends and have fun. Everything will be nice, I know it. I feel like, there's nothing to worry about anymore. I can leave peacefully here in Underland. And I know that no matter what happens, I'll always find a way out of it.

__________

Good way to end the story, huh? Well, there's still the Epilogue. Stay tuned and read it. I'll be announcing me new story in it.

:)