Chapter 29

"I gotta go, Yeri! Talk to you later!", Jaehyun informed and walked out of the restaurant before Yeri could say a word. "Oppa yaa! Where are you going?", Yeri screamed from the back.

'I should have just replied, why am I such a dick at times?! I need to apologize to her. She had tears in her eyes because of me, and on top of everything, she saw me with Yeri, ugh, I'm so impulsive and ignorant', Jaehyun thought to himself quietly, hating himself for how he has been. Jaehyun who walked towards the same path so she could walk upto Hyejung to stop her and to apologize. 'She's probably not even going to talk to me. I deserve it for hurting her so much, what was I thinking when I was being so cold when clearly I know myself I love her so much', he continued to think as he walked in hopes of finding her as it has not been even 5minutes since she left. Jaehyun finally stopped as she saw Hyejung standing near a car, happy that he found her but before he could take more steps towards her, what he saw next, he felt his hopes being crushed down, a lump in his throat. "Hyejung...Jin..", he worded to himself. Jaehyun was standing behind another car, so they won't be able to see him. He waited there, he felt himself angering as he clenched his fist but more than anger, he was hurt and everything worsened when Jin pulled Hyejung to a hug, he heard everything Hyejung was saying.

"He does not care about me, I know I did wrong but I apologized and he did not bother reply and then I saw him with another girl just a while ago. I don't know, I can't keep on hurting myself like this", those were the exact words he heard, with that, he quickly turned back so they won't notice and he won't hear or witness more of what might happen as he can't take it. 'Eh..it's my fault..why am I hurt now? I was with Yeri too. So this is how she must have felt', Jaehyun blamed himself for everything as he was walking like a lifeless soul wandering. "I still never hugged Yeri", Jaehyun tried to make himself better but he was failing miserably at it and this continued as he made his way to the dorm, thankfully the place is close and he just wanted to get home and sleep, his escape from reality.

"Had a good time?" - Taeyong, questioned sarcastically as he already got informed by Haerin who he was out with
"Not in a mood to talk" - Jaehyun
"You're pathetic" - Yuta
"I AM ALWAYS PATHETIC, AREN'T I? WHY DON'T YOU ASK HER WHY SHE WAS HUGGING THAT ASSHOLE JIN ON THE ROAD? I REALIZED MY FAULT, I WENT TO APOLOGIZE AND THATS WHAT I HAD TO WITNESS, I KNOW I AM PATHETIC SO JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE" - Jaehyun, screamed, waking up the NCT dream members even who were sleeping, this came out as a shocker to all the members as this was the only time they saw him this frustrated and angered. All of them heard how his voice was shaking when he screamed and how his eyes were teary, but he just left to his room before anyone could say a word in response.
"Go back to sleep, hyung was probably drunk" - Taeyong told the younger members innocently, but it was obvious on their faces that they understood what happened so without further questions they just went back to sleep. All the members also had back to their respective rooms and finally Taeyong took his phone out who was all by himself in the balcony to call Haerin, to ask her about whatever Jaehyun said.

"Hello?" - Taeyong
"What made you call so late?" - Haerin

"Don't you dare tell her about what I saw, I don't want to be involved anymore so please", Jaehyun popped out of nowhere, said that and left back to his room.

"Taeyong-ah?" - Haerin, called out to Taeyong who was just shook as to how and from where Jaehyun appeared.
"Yeah, yes, I am here" - Taeyong, finally came back to his senses.
"I asked why you called, anything important?" - Haerin
"No, I just..um..missed you, we haven't talked much since you're busy with practices and I'm busy with comeback stages" - Taeyong, he was unable to tell since Jaehyun requested so he just changed topic.
Taeyong and Haerin talked for about 30minutes, it was mainly about Hyejung and Jaehyun. Both Taeyong and Haerin decided to not say anything as they can't do shit about them although both their hearts wanted Hyejung and Jaehyun to patch up soon, as both of them are so dear to Taeyong and Haerin.