Chapter 9

"Weird ass guy", Yolanda scoffed. "So are you meeting him tomorrow where you guys met before?", Jenny questioned. "Hell no, why'd I meet up with someone I met a night ago who also happens to be somewhat of a creep, and also, we never met, anywhere. He was making up weird shit, I don't even know", Yolanda answered. "Well, you guys seemed to have met from how he sounded, it was pretty genuine, plus the rest of NCT knew it too. You don't remember or you're just pretending not to? You're being too rude to him, he seemed interested. I'm so hurt, kys", Jenny muttered. Yolanda just ignored Jenny at that and put the blankets on her in order to sleep as it was somewhat late, however with all efforts made she was unable to sleep because Jaehyun's dimples and his bright face kept on ringing on her mind as well as they words she just said to Jenny. 'I never met him, anywhere', she thought. Those words kept on taking rounds inside her brain, she was frustrated as her own words seemed like a lie to her although she could not remember directly meeting him but she has a strong feeling of familiarity towards Jaehyun.

--------------------------------------------------

Jaehyun was having another hard day of picking what to wear as he continued making a fuss about everything he wore saying he looked like an elephant this time around. After minutes of discussing with members, he came up with one outfit, a casual black shirt and a pair of jeans that perfectly made him look extra manly and charming according to his members. Without a proper breakfast, he walked his way through to the SM coffee shop in hope of Yolanda, Hyejung to him, showing up. Hours passed in there and there was no sign of her, infuriated by this, he took himself to YG trainees building in hopes to find her, unfortunately according to the staffs, she already left for 10 days to her hometown as it was their break. "Ugh. How can she be so mean? I genuinely expected her to be there, I waited for her. For the first time in life...I actually waited for a girl and she didn't show up", Jaehyun muttered extremely pissed.

"Do you think maybe I should have asked him where to meet and met him today?", Yolanda asked and Jenny sarcastically answered, "No..no, isn't he a creep? Too weird for you? Making up weird stories? Why'd you even give a chance?". Yolanda just rolled her eyes at this and as they were scheduled to leave for the top 3 entertainment companies tours, the initial cause of the trip, they were asked to be by the lobby at sharp 1pm.

"She left to her hometown, I went to YG trainee building", Jaehyun told his members, sadness obvious in his tone. "Yeah, it is okay. She'll come around. Don't lose yourself. Girls who are hard to get stays forever, they're worth it", Taeyong being the caring leader assured Jaehyun. "Guys we got a message from our manager saying that we have to be present at the company building's hall by 1:30pm latest, some foreign students are coming over to ask about the hard trainings we go through to achieve exceptional talent and vocal skills", Doyoung announced. All NCT members hurried their ways as it was already 12:30 but they made it to the hall by the time, just fine. Jaehyun was all gloomy and moody even there to the point, other idols of the company noticed and asked if he was sick and if he was okay.

"First company we head to is SM ENTERTAINMENT, home to many talented KPOP groups like Super Junior, TVXQ, Girls' Generation, SHINee, f(x), EXO, Red Velvet and NCT", the head teacher announced. At the mention of NCT, Yolanda lost it. "Oh crap, don't tell me I have to face him up there, jesus, I should've pretended to be sick and avoided all of this", Yolanda speaked nervously. "Chill, I'm so excited, he is not gonna eat you. Calm the hell down!", Jenny retorted.

In no time, they were there, inside the beautiful, large hall of SM ENTERTAINMENT, few groups were present and among them was NCT. As Yolanda was the only Korean among the foreigners, she was put forward so it'd be easier to communicate. "Welcome to SM ENTERTAINMENT, I'm Lee Soo Man, the ceo of this company. Nice to meet everyone!", they were warmly welcomed by the CEO of the company and after the greeting, the head teacher lead them towards the idols to question.

"Is that Hyejung? You said she left to hometown but she is among a group of foreigners?" - Johnny
"What..wait? They're all from a school in California, how come she is there? Is she just hired to help with the language or what?" - Yuta
"What the hell? So the YG staffs lied to me that she left to hometown? More like she came to our hometown. Heol..are they coming up to us? We should act natural" - Jaehyun

After introducing themselves to NCT, Yolanda being the lead questioned, "Is there anyone who speaks english here?", to this Mark and Johnny being the native speakers picked Jaehyun as it was his crush questioning. "You speak english?", Yolanda asked, "Yes I do. I lived in America for 4 years thats why I'm here, yo", Jaehyun quoted as usual. "Perfect then, all my mates can question your team and you answer on behalf of them", Yolanda said and stepped back for the rest of her clubmates to lead and question making her life easier. Eventually Jaehyun stepped back, leaving the answering to Mark and Johnny, along with Ten. He was too focused on staring at Yolanda to the point, as the last time, Yolanda felt uncomfortable. Yolanda whispered something to the teacher and walked her way out of the hall, Jaehyun quietly walked away without the members noticing to follow her, and once he was out of the hall and eyes of everyone, he ran towards her. It was an isolated hallway far from the hall that leads to a washroom. "Hyejung..Hyejung. Stop. Let me talk to you", Jaehyun screamed and at the mention of 'Hyejung', Yolanda stopped even though it wasn't her name. She reacted very immediately to it. Obviously being weirded out by the fact that he called her 'Hyejung', she turned and stopped.
"Yaa, why'd your staff lie to me?" - Jaehyun
"What is with you and talking informal to me?" - Yolanda
"Answer my question, I asked first" - Jaehyun
"I don't find it necessary to answer you" - Yolanda
"Oh...you don't?" - Jaehyun while moving closer to her, making her take steps behind towards the wall. She was completely trapped by the proximity of closeness. He was so close to her, she could feel his breathe. Jaehyun was staring intensely right at her and Yolanda was extremely flustered that lead her to look down.

"What is it that you want?" - Yolanda
"I just wanted to meet you, but your staffs lied to me that you went back to your hometown" - Jaehyun
"Wait..you came to where I live? How'd you find out" - Yolanda
"I've my ways. Oh c'mon, stop playing around already, you're being too harsh on me. You know we met days back, why're you acting as if we never met or talked?" - Jaehyun
"What proof do you have of us meeting days back?" - Yolanda
"Well none but my members know it and you do too. Moreover, why're you here with foreigners who are from California? You working as a guide to help them?" - Jaehyun

All this while they were talking to each other in that position, so close to each other but with that question, Yolanda pushed him back and screamed, "Do I look like a freaking guide to you? I came with them because I'm with them. I live abroad, I study there, the same school as them. Not a goddamn guide, you idiot". At this Jaehyun just started laughing because she was fooling around too much for him, "Quit it already", he scoffed. "Quit what? Quit laughing. It is distracting", Yolanda requested. Jaehyun again moved forward to her and questioned, "My smile is distracting because it is too attractive?" and that is how Yolanda cracked up.
"Next joke please?" - Yolanda
"You're so beautiful when you smile" - Jaehyun
"Ugh, cheese. Stop it, ew!" - Yolanda
"Well, that was the joke HAHAHAHAH" - Jaehyun
"That wasn't funny" - Yolanda
"Someone is butthurt" - Jaehyun
"Whatever, I'm gonna go back in there" - Yolanda, with this pushed her way and walked towards the hall to join her club mates. She was able to join without anyone noticing and after a short while Jaehyun joined his team too. Throughout the whole interview, Jaehyun was stealing glances at Yolanda and so was she but one thing was bothering her, the fact that he called her 'Hyejung'. The name itself felt similar to her, ever since she heard it when her mom was YouTubing, now it is bothering more because she met him and he called that out to her. Yolanda quickly dismissed the thoughts for the being by convincing herself that Jaehyun is a total nutcase living in his imaginary world where she is Hyejung, his lost crush, no matter how familiar it sounded to her.