Songfic: Missile

(I AM X

I AM X

I AM X

Ya'll I'm not excited for tomorrow

I love writing ballroom scenarios that don't exist canonly so here is another one

"Elara... I don't feel so good." ~Reader

OKAY BUT I'M KINDA PROUD OF THIS FIC??? I ALMOST CRIED WRITING IT??? AND THE SONG MATCHES THE TONE OF THIS FIC OF A GIRLFRIEND WHO DOESN'T REALIZE HOW MANIPULATIVE SHE IS??? AND HOW DEPRESSING THE ENDING OF THE SONG IS??? )

So you came like a missile

When Evangeline knocked you down during the Queenstrial, you were able to show your abilities in a way you never wanted to; in front of silvers. You remember being in your original town, noticing you had a dark ability to control lightning. You could bring storms, producing the energy of the midnight rain and the moon's smile. You showed your ability to your town and they didn't think of you as a monster - they barely treated you differently.

It was something nobody expected, silver or red, a servant interrupting the Queenstrial to show off the abilities in front of the highhouses.

Falling on my head with the black sky

Elara made you take Maven's hand in marriage, and it was something you never thought would happen. But you saw Maven for the first time really and saw how perfect he was. You saw his black hair and his blue eyes, they matched so perfectly with your redblooded looks. He was beautiful, and so were you. The media said you two were the perfect couple, contrasting both worlds, even when you were supposed to be the same. You pretended to be a silver, but it didn't fool most people - and nobody truly gave a shit.

Think you're giving but you're taking my life away

You loved placing your hands on his cheeks, you love how soft his skin was between your fingers. "You're so beautiful," you fill him with your words. You loved holding Maven, and you thought he felt the same. But it tore him up in ways you could never know. He was scared to fall in love with you, he was scared of his mother and what she could do. He didn't want to suffer like he did with Thomas, but with the way you touch him so nicely, he couldn't help but fall in love.

Then you came with your breeze blocks

Smashing up my face like a bus stop

"That tie doesn't look good on you, looser - see, there we go." You mumble to Maven as you loosen his clothing. 

"You know I hate it when you dress up like that." Your words were like poison rain as it melted his skin - his ego. He looked down at what he was wearing, the familiar tuxedo-like outfit for the celebration of marriage for Cal. Your purple and silver colors refused to elegantly match with Maven's red and black. Distasteful, was your only thought.

Think you're giving but you're taking my life away

"My house colors are utterly disgusting, I'll have to talk to Elara about that. I'll be much better as your spouse then." You add on, looking in the mirror as you fix up your dress. Maven fingers his sleeve, looking nervously as your beautiful gown. It was the most beautiful combination of purple and silver he had ever seen in his entire life. It looked even more beautiful on you. But you despised the pale complexion, so so did he.

Like the drunk you convinced was sober

"Don't you think this is a little odd?" Maven whispers against your neck, intertwining your fingers. You lead him to the dance floor where nobody was dancing before you pull him against you. Ease yourself, you think to him as your massage his shoulder with your dancing fingers.