15.

<friend>

Jimin dressed himself up and sat on the couch in the living room while waiting for Jungkook to be home. 

It's already half past seven but Jungkook was still nowhere to be seen.  Jimin looked at the wall clock anxiously,  wondering what took the CEO so long to come back?  Probably Jungkook's parents had something important to discuss, Jimin thought, trying to comfort himself.

8pm.

Jimin was still sitting on the couch, it's just now with Mia next to him, reading her stories books quietly. Jimin looked at his phone,  no indications or any messages from Jungkook.

"there couldn't be anything happened, right?" Jimin mumbled to himself,  biting his lips after.

Another half and hour past, and Jimin's phone buzzed, lighting up with a notification. He swiftly opened the message to see it was from Jungkook.

From: Giant monster 😈
8:31pm

Sorry, something came up. I wouldn't be home that early. I'm really sorry.

Jimin let out a sigh,  even though rage distorts in him with so much power,  he still chose to swallow them down. He couldn't blame jungkook, probably something important really did come up. He said to himself as he stood up and was about to go to his bedroom when Mia gripped gently on his wrist. 

"Jimin oppa...can you accompany to bed?" Mia begged with her puppy eyes,  melting the older's heart away in spilt seconds.

"sure honey." Jimin carried her up and they went into Jungkook's room.

He placed her carefully on the bed and covered her with blanket. He sat on the space next to her and patted her to sleep. Without himself acknowledgement, he slowly drifted off to his dreamland.

Jimin eyes gradually flung open when he heard shuffling noise coming from the ground floor,  it was probably Jungkook who finally comes back.

Jimin got down the bed carefully, avoid making any noise so he won't wake up the little girl who was already sound asleep.

Jimin rubbed his eyes as he went down the stairs, to be welcomed by not only Jungkook but another new face who came along.

"J-Jimin? I thought you're asleep." Jungkook said, tone of voice almost shivering.

"I was waiting for you and this woman here, is?" Jimin stares at the lady standing in front of him, uncomfortable feeling starts to form in his stomach, causing a twist that he hates it to the extreme.

"Jimin, meet Anastasia-" before Jungkook could finish, she cuts him off.

"Jungkook's wife." she had that smug smile on her face.

Jimin's heart went still for a moment,  trying to compile everything that just occurred right in front of him. Jungkook just took his ex wife home and introduce to his fiance? How do things work now? 

It was when he tries to believe love was just utterly beautiful, things just went out of his way.
This heartbreak feels cold. It feels like concrete drying in his chest. This heartbreak was unexpected, as Jungkook makes Jimin feels like he is top of the world one minute and cut down the next.

"n-nice to meet you." that was all Jimin could say before turning his heels and ran up the stairs. The next moment was locking himself in his room and cries himself out loud into the pillows. 

He doesn't know. He doesn't know why he feels this way.

He doesn't know, if this is love and this is how love should be. 

He wanted to remove the feeling that has been stabbing into his chest, choking him alive.

As thoughts were running in his mind, his tears gradually soaking his pillow.

-
Jungkook called out Jimin's name as he saw him running away, but the older seemed to have immune to the things around him. 

Anastasia stopped Jungkook by gripping onto his arm, "Jungkook baby? Is he your fiancé?"

"yes." Jungkook redraws his arm from her, "and cut that name, Anastasia. I'm letting you stay only because I'm treating you as my friend. Cross the line and we're over."

With that, Jungkook left his ex wife alone in the living room and went back to his own bedroom,  decided to call off the day.

Anastasia stomped her feet as she smirked, "I'll get what I want,  Jeon Jungkook."

*flashback*

"A-Anastasia?" Jungkook was dumbfounded when he saw her standing by his office door, absolutely had zero expectations of meeting her again after so many years. 

"Jungkook.." her eyes teary as she walked into the room.

"what brings you here?" Jungkook asked as he invited her to sit on the couch in his office. 

"m-my mother passed away last month and my brother was inherited with all the properties and I'm left with nothing." she cried. 

Jungkook gave her a tissue and continued listening to her stories, expecting more to come. 

"I'm only left with you now Jungkook!" she hugged the male in front of him all of a sudden, sobbing into his neck, dirtying his expensive shirt. 

Jungkook knows very well he is already not in the position to care for her, to love her and to pamper her. But how much Jungkook wanted to ignore, the guilt will start forming in him. No matter what, they used to be a couple and she is even a mother to Mia. Coming back with his senses, he pulled Anastasia away from him and held onto her arm, "I'm helping you by giving you a place to stay, it's because I see you as a friend alright?"

Only to see her nods, waiting for Jungkook to continue.

"but I've a fiance, so I don't hope anything ruins the relationship between my upcoming marriage." Jungkook warned.

"I've seen that news,  Park Jimin, am I right?" Anastasia sniffed, earning a nod from Jungkook.

"and also, Mia. I don't wish, she will ever acknowledge you as her mother."  Jungkook stated firmly, which makes the other has no reason but to agreed.

*end of flashback*

Jimin got out of the room, getting himself ready to work when he coincidentally bumped into Jungkook who just got out from the room at the same time.  He tried to avoid him as he doesn't want the younger to see his swollen eyes from all the crying last night.

"hey-" Jungkook rushed over and grabbed onto Jimin's wrist.

"let me go." Jimin said, voice sounded hoarse.

"I'm sorry about last night and I really need to talk to you." he paused, "about the whole thing."

"there's really nothing to talk about. Truth lies in front of our eyes Jungkook. Your wife is back, and we should call off the wedding."

Fuck.

Is the only thing Jungkook could say as Jimin dashed off from his sight.

Author's note:

I imagined Anastasia as IU btw Hahaha