Chapter 7-Dappleblaze & Ashflame

Dappleblaze's eyes blinked open. She looked down, to lick Sprucekit but growled as soon as she realised she wasn't there. She looked up, where Sprucekit was playing with Spiderkit. 

"Sprucekit! Get over here!" Dappleblaze warned. Why couldn't Runningkit and Cypresskit play with her instead? Then she wouldn't have to keep reminding Sprucekit who really deserved love. 

"Runningkit, Cypresskit, you too!" Her other two kits left Elmkit and Lightkit, stopping in front of Dappleblaze, confused. 

"Please stop playing with the other kits. You have to play with each other." Dappleblaze's voice dropped to a whisper so Spiderkit, Elmkit and Cypresskit wouldn't hear. 

"But Elmkit and Lightkit are my friends!" Runningkit argued. 

Dappleblaze sighed; if her kits wouldn't love her, then no one would experience their love. She took them out into the forest, tears forming in her eyes. She didn't want to do this, but she had to. She stopped at a small river. 

"I'm sorry, kits." Dappleblaze mewed as she dropped her kits into the water, trying to block out their wails. She slunk back into camp, where no one noticed she'd been gone. She quickly pretended to be asleep, since Amberdawn and Duskfur were still asleep. Their kits had fallen asleep too. She would wake up, wailing claiming her kits had run away. The clan would search for them and find their bodies, thinking they'd drowned and it had been an accident. And that was exactly what happened but what she didn't know was someone had been watching her.