5

Louis can't get used to Harry's giggling.

Like, he does it a lot more often now. They're on the way to the doctor's office to take a look at the baby, and hopefully find out the gender, and Harry's just giggling adoringly at everything Louis says. Louis didn't think he could love him more than he had before, but his heart feels so full.

"I'm never going to be able to take the truck again, am I?" Louis sighs, one hand on the wheel and the other on Harry's thigh. Harry just takes that hand in his own and gives Louis a sympathetic shrug, making Louis sigh. "'S only got two seats, and I don't like the idea of you climbing in and out of it now."

Harry pouts and rubs his fist in a circle around his heart; "I'm sorry" in sign language. Louis glances over at him with a smile. "'S okay. You're way more important to me than the truck."

Harry smiles at that, picking Louis' hand up and kissing the back of it. Louis pretends to be grossed out and wipes his hand on Harry's sleeve, making Harry throw his head back and giggle. Louis smiles. He's so lucky.

They arrive to the doctor's office, Louis walking around to the other side of the car and helping Harry out. "You feel okay?" He asks, keeping the small of his hand on Harry's back. Harry rolls his eyes and grins, nodding in response to Louis' question. Louis huffs and pinches Harry's bum. "Okay, no need to be sassy!"

They walk into the waiting room, Louis having Harry sit down before he walks over to the counter himself. Harry doesn't really like being left alone, but he doesn't want to be a burden, so he keeps his eyes on Louis the whole time.

Louis comes back with a clipboard and a pen, handing them to Harry before taking a seat next to him. Harry starts to fill in the form while Louis fondles with his curls next to him (Harry, of course, giggling and rolling his eyes every few minutes).

Finally, a nurse comes out and call Harry's name. Louis is quick to stand up from his seat and help Harry up, his hand on the small of his boy's back as they walk towards the nurse.

"Hi, 'm the boyfriend," Louis introduces himself, considering they haven't met this nurse before. "Harry here's mute, so I'll be doing the communicating and such." Harry's cheeks feel warm as the nurse nods.

"Oh, okay," The nurse says with a smile. "Follow me, boys, we've got to get you weighed."

Louis takes Harry's hand and leads him down the corridor, following the nurse into one of the many examination rooms lining the corridors. "Can you kick off your shoes and step onto the scale, love?" She asks with a kind grin, one that makes the fluttering in Harry's chest go away. He nods and toes off the Vans he had been wearing, stepping onto the scale against the wall.

The nurse takes a look and nods before looking down at his chart in her hands. "Four more pounds since last time."

Harry pouts, and both Louis and the nurse chuckle. "'S normal, hun, you get a bunch of wee growth spurts during the second trimester," She assures whole Harry steps off and slides his shoes back on.  "Can you hop up on the table? I'm going to ask you a few questions, and then the doctor will be in."

Louis helps Harry sit up on the table and stands next to him rather than in one of the chairs against the wall. The nurse leans against a sink, tapping her pen against her clipboard and smiling at Harry. "How've you been, Harry? Feeling okay?"

Harry likes how she actually talks to him rather than Louis. He gives her a thumbs up with a sheepish smile. "That's good! No nausea or anything like that? Any trouble eating?"

"Definitely no trouble eating," Louis snorts, and Harry smacks his side. The nurse just giggles.

"And are you feeling a lot of movement?" Harry nods. "Can Dad feel any kicks yet?"